UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Smeg WDI12C Replacement - Furniture Panel Door Hinges

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by WhiteGd » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 am

Hi all

I have an integrated washer/dryer (i.e. Smeg WDI12C) that I want to replace.

I have two questions:

1. If I change to another brand (e.g. Zanussi, Beko), I am not sure if the panel door hinges are in the right locations. Has anyone been successful in changing a Smeg washer to another brand without ruining your panel door? It seems like for Zanussi/AEG the hinge distance is 416mm but the hinge distance for Smeg is 413mm - would the 3mm be an issue?

2. If I keep to Smeg, I noticed the depth is existing washer is 550mm but all the new Smeg has 560mm+20mm (http://www.smeguk.com/product/wdi147/). Is the 20mm the panel door? Also is 3cm a big difference in depth. I think I have a standard kitchen depth.

Any help much appreciated! Thank you in advance.
WhiteGd
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Washing machine carbon brushes

Did you know that carbon brushes are very often the cause of a washing machine drum not turning when they wear out? You can buy replacement carbon brushes including many low cost compatible washing machine carbons in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Carbon brushes for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more

by electrofix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am

hit this problem all the time. nothing is standard so you have to get the door redrilled to match the new machine

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

by WhiteGd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 am

Thanks for your reply Dave.
WhiteGd
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum