Fridge And Freezer Forum

Samsung SR-S2026CVW Freezer not Freezing

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Samsung SR-S2026CVW Freezer not Freezing

Postby LaraJay » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm

We have been in the band of owners with Samsung side-by-side FF probs for a while now, but in the last couple of days it's become something we can't live with.

Have checked the other SRS20 threads but they seem to slightly different to our problem. Our issue is on the freezer side. The top 3 shelves have not frozen since we purchased it (sold as seen - unit is about 3 years old) whereas the bottom drawers have all been ok. However in the last couple of days, the top drawer is now not reaching freezing point which has reduced our freezable space to an unmanagable level.

We have observed the following:

- The temp shown on the door is rarely correlated to the temp inside the unit.
- Pressing and holding the top two buttons results in the LCD display going blank except for the bottom bar on one of the figure 8's.
- Emptying the freezer and leaving the unit off for two weeks over Xmas did not solve the problem.

Any advice or things to try/look at before contacting an engineer very much appreciated. Have tried the engineer locator but sadly none live in our area.
LaraJay
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Fridge & freezer door hinges

Door hinges for most fridges and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
You can buy replacement door hinges in our store here to fit all popular makes including Ingol, Hettich and other hinges for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Samsung SR-S2026CVW Freezer not Freezing

Postby r600a » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi

the bottom bar indicates that the fan has either jammed or faulty,i would try and aim my fault towards the defrost system of the freezer assembly.because if its not fully defrosting it will jam the fan.
My first component change to be honest is the defrost sensor in the freezer.

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

Postby LaraJay » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I guess the next natural question is whether that's a job I should be looking at or not? Although i'm pretty happy working with electrical systems I wouldn't know where to get the correct parts from tbh.

If not, i'd be grateful if anyone has a recommendation of an engineer who works in the Bath/Bristol area.
LaraJay
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby helo_75 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:06 pm

please please please... theres one post about samsung fans thats been causing arguments for weeks in here, please disregard it

it really does sound like a fan or sensor problem, its a simple repair for a suitably qualified person, and well worth it as opposed to the replacement value of the machine

freezers rarley go wrong on these, and if the fridge is working, then its unlikely to be a system problem, more likely a faulty fan

i shall await my next nasty email from my favourite poster from a well known part of bolton 8)
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby r600a » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Larajay

As a Samsung engineer I can supply the part required.

send me a e-mail to r600a@hotmail.com

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

Postby Mac1982 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:39 pm

Helo 75 its saddening to hear that ure receiving such emails.

Its such a shame that there are such people who would use this site to make derogitory/ abusive comments to fellow posters. Most of use use this site to either request help or offer it.

Hopefully the mods or admin can help stop this.
Mac1982
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby iadom » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:26 pm

Don't worry about helo_75, he can look after himself :) , the matter was dealt with and hopefully the person in question now accepts the reasons why the trade members of the forum reacted in the way they did.

I think helo_75 is just after a bit of sympathy now. :wink: :lol:

Jim.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby Mac1982 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:58 pm

well said! :lol:
Mac1982
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby helo_75 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:21 pm

absolutely not

:lol: uve got no idea what was sent to me.. but, as u all say, it was dealt with, i ignored it , but it carried on, and others where sucked in

i just like things being done properly, in a safe and positive manner . i would never do a job that was not up to the standards i would expect myself

opps, we're moving away from the topic.. have you managed to get sorted laurajay? its always good to know the outcome

:D
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby LaraJay » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:21 pm

opps, we're moving away from the topic.. have you managed to get sorted laurajay? its always good to know the outcome

Well I solved the problem by fashioning an object from an old box of technic lego and sticks from a couple of defrosted ice lollies :wink: .....

Or back in the real world, this morning the temp in the bottom shelves were only just above freezing and heading north. I managed to source a service manual of one of the newer Samsung models which at least gave me a fair idea of how to take things apart safely and put them back together. So I took the covers off, defrosted the ice build-up and put things back. Seems to have bought me a few days to solve the underlying problem as things are back to how they were with only the shelves remaining above freezing.

Pretty confident I could change some components myself if necessary (have sent you an email Bryan) but would actually prefer getting an engineer in tbh because things are getting desperate here, only so many defrosted sprouts I can eat. Having problems getting a recommendation for anyone local at the moment, so tinkering myself based on the suggestions here may be the next step.

LJ
LaraJay
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum