Fridge And Freezer Forum

Hotpoint FFA70 Freezer Temperature problem

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Hotpoint FFA70 Freezer Temperature problem

Postby AntC » Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 pm

Within the last two weeks I've had a new kitchen floor laid and my freezer (FFA70) had to be emptied so the fitter could manoverue it to put the flooring down.
Since then the high temperature warning light has been on and the food isnt freezing very well, even ice cubes are taking 12 hours to freeze!
I've tried putting the fast freeze on, which made the light go out eventually, but once I turned FF off, within a few hours the warning light was back on.
I cannot see any problems with the door seal or anything else obvious, and the fridge compartment works fine. I've also tried adjusting the temperature which makes no difference either.
The Fridgefreezer is nearly 3 yrs old.
Any ideas as to what is causing this?
AntC
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Fridge storage shelves and trays

“Shelves
You can buy replacement shelves and storage trays in our store here to fit all popular makes including shelves for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Hotpoint FFA70 Freezer Temperature problem

Postby suhailc » Fri May 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - fridge is working fine, but freezer is not cooling.

My FFA70 is showing the "Freezer High Temperature" light on, and it's also got the "Food Defrost Alert Light" on, which suggests that it is stuck in the defrost cycle.

I opened up the freezer back panel and it does look like it's defrosting and dripping.

So the question is - how do I kick it out of the defrost cycle?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks!
Suhail.
suhailc
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Gi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi,
We have the same problem as the first post with a FFA70p, problem has been for the last 8 months since it was switched off and moved house.
Freezer high temp light is on.
Tried turning temp down more and more but doesn't help. Power reset clears light but it comes back.

Does it need gas refreshing?
Is this a known problem?
Should we replace it?

Thanks in advance
Gi
Gi
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby gobsmacked » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:39 pm

I have the problem with my Hotpoint that the freezer does not cool. When I press the fast freeze button an EE error message comes up. Where can I get a manual to open up this Hotpoint? What is wrong and how can I fix it?
gobsmacked
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Penguin45 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:42 pm

The "Big Discussion" on these took place here:
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.p ... pic&t=4509

I'd suggest a read through there and see if it helps.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby suhailc » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Thanks Penguin45.

Read through all of it - going to try and change the thermistors. Do you guys have the thermistors for the Hotpoint FFA70 in stock?

Also do you know how you kick the freezer out of the defrost cycle manually on this machine?
suhailc
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby kwatt » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi Suhailc,

Yes, the thermistors are a stock item and usually dispatched same or next day.

The section in the shop you need is HERE

I don't think you can get that one to advance manually as it is totally electronically controlled. In such instances we long for the old electro-mechanical defrost timers. ;)

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby suhailc » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Thanks K.

However the thermistors available at your shop look different to the ones in my freezer.

My ones are two white cables, one with a green stripe which is placed around the evaporator and the other with a red stripe at the bottom.

Do you have these in stock?

Also what about the thermal fuse for the FFA70?
suhailc
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby kwatt » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:19 pm

My advice, ask Dave on spares@ukwhitegoods.co.uk as he is "da man" for spares and I'm not familiar enough with the machines to be definitive with an answer. ;)

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt

Postby Dave_Conway » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:23 am

The information in the "large" Mistral thread is not applicable to the FFA?? range of fridge freezers, only the FF?? types.

The thermistors cannot be replaced on these as they are foamed in.

Dave.
Dave_Conway

Postby suhailc » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:34 am

I had an engineer round(not Hotpoint engineer), and he asked if there was ice forming on top of the fridge. This was the case when the freezer first stopped working, and he then felt the back panel of the fridge and showed me how it was spongy as there was air trapped inside.

He said that this Hotpoint FFA70 had an evaporator in the freezer, and another one for the fridge, and that the air/spongy back panel meant the insulation around the fridge evaporator was gone and therefore it was cooling too fast and hence the fridge/freezer not working properly - and that this was not repairable.

Does this sound plausible?
suhailc
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby drutter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 am

Hi,

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but my Hotpoint FFA70 is giving me trouble.

The Freezer High Temp light is on, and comes on and off randomly during the day.

This has been happening for weeks now, and to be honest I havn't noticed the food defrosting in the freezer. The fridge temperature seems normal too.

From what I have read on this forum, my problem points to a 'thermister' issue, but as Dave_Conway said :

"The information in the "large" Mistral thread is not applicable to the FFA?? range of fridge freezers, only the FF?? types.

The thermistors cannot be replaced on these as they are foamed in.

Dave."

Am I in trouble??

Thanks for your help

Damien
drutter
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Fridge & freezer door hinges

Door hinges for most fridges and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
You can buy replacement door hinges in our store here to fit all popular makes including Ingol, Hettich and other hinges for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum