UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Fridge And Freezer Forum

Swan SR5300w

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

UK Whitegoods for fridge and freezer spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for fridges and freezers including built in with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by Robuk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I own a Swan Model no SR5300W Fridge freezer.

I have noticed over these past few weeks that the fridge isnt keeping the food as long and is spoiling.
Upon putting a thermometer in the fridge.
The fridge comes on and lowers the fridge temperature to around 4c. It then stays off for sometime and the temperature in the fridge compartment increases to 10c 12c befor the fridge comes back on again reducing the temperature back to 4c.
Is this normal operation ?. The freezer part is still freezing food and seems to be operating normally.
Do i need to purchase a new thermostat for it. Is there a bigger problem ?.
I have taken the thermostat out and it reads WDF26A-0A0BC-EX. If the thermostat is the problem could you direct me to a replacement as i do not see the Swan brand parts on the store page.
Thank You
Rob
Robuk
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Freezer storage drawer broken?

You can buy replacement freezer drawers in our store to fit all popular makes including for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Do check carefully when ordering freezer drawers as although many look the same they may well not be, if you are unsure please email to ask for assistance and we'll find it for you

freezer storage drawers for most fridge freezers and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

by Robuk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi Again

Any ideas or advice on why the fridge compartment is allowing the temperature to
climb to 10,12c be for the thermostat starts then takes the fridge back down to 4c.
It is taking a very long time for the stat to kick back in. Once in it is then taking a very long time for the temperature to drop back to 4c.

I have bought a Varifix Ranco VT9 Thermostat to try. The one taken from the fridge has 2 connections on it whereas the Ranco has 3. The terminals are 6, 4, 3.
I have a double brown wire and single black wire from the fridge. I have connected the double brown to 4 and the black to 6, is this correct ?. Please see image uploaded.

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.
Regards
Rob
Attachments
Ranco.jpg
Robuk
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Fridge storage shelves and trays

You can buy replacement shelves and storage trays in our store here to fit all popular makes including shelves for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Do check carefully when ordering a new shelf as although many look the same they may well not be, if you are unsure please email to ask for assistance and we'll find it for you

“Shelves

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum