UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Fridge And Freezer Forum

Candy CFBC3050E/1K Fridge Freezer Ice Problem

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

UK Whitegoods for fridge and freezer spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for fridges and freezers including built in with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by greengrass1000 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi everyone
I have a fridge freezer issue I hope someone will know how to fix.

Recently bought the fridge freezer second hand, but has barely been used. It is a frost free model (CFBC3050E/1K), yet since using it the freezer has got worse and worse with ice (see pics).
Bought a thermometer assuming the fridge might be too cold, as the only control seems to be in the fridge, though the thermometer says 6 degrees.

The doors are opened for seconds each time so it isnt related to being opened for long. Also the house thermostat is at 15 degrees so not related to the house being too hot.

Is there a switch I havn't seen, like a super freeze button or something, I can't see anything..
Anyway hopefully someone has an answer.
Many thanks in advance
James
Attachments
Candy FFreezer no5.jpg
Candy FFreezer no5.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Candy FFreezer no4.jpg
Candy FFreezer no4.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Candy FFreezer no3.jpg
Candy FFreezer no3.jpg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Candy FFreezer no2.jpg
Candy FFreezer no2.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Candy FFreezer no1.jpg
Candy FFreezer no1.jpg (27.1 KiB) Viewed 670 times
greengrass1000
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Freezer flap or drawer front broken?

You can buy replacement plastic freezer flaps and drawer fronts in our store here to fit all popular makes including for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Do check carefully when ordering flaps as although many look the same they may well not be, if you are unsure please email to ask for assistance and we'll find it for you

plastic freezer flaps and drawer fronts for most fridge freezers and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

by r600a » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 am

Hi

The door is not sealing correctly and allowing air into the freezer. This can come from either or both the fridge or freezer door but most likely the freezer.

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

by greengrass1000 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi Bryan
Thank you for your input, that gives me some direction.

James
greengrass1000
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by greengrass1000 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi Bryan/

The problem was the freezer letting in air, so in the end I had to clamp the door and bend it, which was ridiculously difficult.
Anyway after a month or so of the f/freezer working correctly, the fridge has now decided to sit at 10 degrees.

I am at present defrosting, though there is literally no build up of ice in the freezer. Great that the initial problem has resolved but there is obviously something else going on.

I have looked at Youtube though it is all very technical..
Have you any thoughts?

James
greengrass1000
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/