Cooker And Oven Forum

New World oven not working

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

New World oven not working

Postby eToucan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:51 am

Hi. I have a New World Image 1000 electric double oven with grill and ceramic hob. Model no. 016924. Serial no. 91055114. I guess it's about three years old.

The left hand oven no longer works. I'm no electrician by any measure, but I've circuit tested the heating element and this seems OK. I've had the back off the oven and tested what looks like the thermostat. Again OK.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Do you good people have any ideas or is it engineer time?

Thanks in advance.
eToucan
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: New World oven not working

Postby Whoppo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:28 pm

Power down/disconnect prior to any testing
Any testing you do with a multimeter should be ohms only

1) I dont recognise the model code as being a stoves newworld type, and looking at the serial number, its probably more than 10 years old, so that would make it a Merloni NewWorld

most oven circuits comprise of

terminal block --->
thermal cut out --->
clock ---> (if that oven is able to use an automatic START/STOP setting)
thermostat/selector switches --->
sometimes a pcb
elements --->
terminal block

most likely component, if you have ruled out the element and thermostat would be the clock, failing that the thermal cut out

maybe its time for you to call out an engineer, clocks can be expensive, however they can often have their automatic switching bypassed, leaving the cooker pemantly in manual
Whoppo
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

• Advertisement

Oven & cooker door hinges

Buy oven door hinges for built in ovens and cookers online
If the door on your built in oven or cooker isn’t closing properly it’s almost certain that the door hinges will need to be replaced. Find replacement door hinges in our store for all major brands including Belling, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Diplomat and many more

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum