Cooker And Oven Forum

installing an induction hob

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

installing an induction hob

Postby glengirl » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi, I hope you can help me. I have been trying to get a definitive answer from Neff but keep just getting referred to their online drawing which is not what I want. My problem is I wish to replace my 20 year old Siemens ceramic hob which is 640mm wide with an induction hob - and my preference is for the Neff 800mm wide one T4383. However I am concerned about the requirements for space underneath the top of the worksurface.
Underneath the existing hob is a void space 180mm deep before you get to the top drawer. However as the new hob has to be wider than the old one there will be 8-10 cm of the appliance at either side over adjacent kitchen units - on the right being more drawers but with only 60mm before you hit the drawer and the same the other side before you are in the corner cupboard.
My BIG question is - is it possible to successfully fit the 800mm wide induction hob within this situation? the drawing I keep getting referred to shows two views one showing a minimum distance of 65mm between worksurface top and drawer underneath and then it shows another set up which has a smaller gap but gives no explanation. It also says that the distance is 30mm if above an oven.
Do you think that if the bulk of the induction hob is above the central void which is 180mm deep that the lesser space at either side will be ok?
I do not want to spend £700 on a new hob and then discover that I have to totally rip out my kitchen to install it.
glengirl
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

• Advertisement

Oven not heating?

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online
If your oven doesn’t heat up then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new one in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands but also check thermostats including any safety thermostats that many modern ovens and cookers have fitted

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum