UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Cooker And Oven Forum

Candy PVI 640C touch control problems

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Get oven and cooker spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for built in ones and cookers including range cookers with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by Harry_Phelps » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:42 pm

I have a problem with the above, the touch controls on it have become unresponsive. It has the usual controls - power on/off, controls for for heating zones and a timer. At first it seemed like the controls were randomly stopping working but after a bit of trial and error I can say that the two zones on the left hand side work fine, the whole thing starts to go wrong when I try to heat up the zones on the right hand side. If I try to do that then all controls stop working, the hob stops heating whichever zones were on at the time. I have power cycled the unit. There are no error codes displayed on the unit either. Candy want £129 plus VAT plus parts to have a look at it which makes me think just buying a new one might be the answer.

Anyone else had this problem or able to point me in the direction of someone who can help?
Harry_Phelps
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Before you post it… search it!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Use the search function before you post!

Grill element not heating up?

If the grill in your oven or cooker doesn’t heat up any more then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new heating element in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands including Belling, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Diplomat, Smeg and many more

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum

Oven & cooker switches

We supply switches and most other oven and cooker spare parts to the trade and public in our online spare parts store at terrific prices for all major brands including Smeg, Beko, Leisure, Stoves, Rangemaster, Britannia and many, many more

“Shop