UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Cooker And Oven Forum

Indesit KD3C1(W)/G Thermal Fuse?

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Get oven and cooker spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for built in ones and cookers including range cookers with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by Miss Lemons » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Afternoon,

My oven (Indesit KD3C1(W)/G) trips the electrics whenever I switch it on at the wall. It has previously been working fine – it tripped out halfway through cooking dinner using two hobs. Now it trips the electrics without any hobs or grills or the oven itself turned on, just being switched on at the wall socket.

I have checked unscrewed the wall socket and there is no obviously damaged wiring.

I have unscrewed and removed the back of the oven and there is no obviously damaged wiring.

Next step, I understand, is changing the fuse? Should there be a thermal fuse inside the oven I can find now the back is off? I'm having difficulty locating it. Or is there another next step of dissassembling it further and seeing if the thermostat etc. are scorched?

Thanks for your help!
Miss Lemons
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by kwatt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm

No there's not any internal fuses.

Mains terminal block, light fitting, switch, any element could cause that. Elements far more likely when in use to be fair.

K.
"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store Find an appliance repair company here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator
Appliance Forum Administrator

by Miss Lemons » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks for the info kwatt! That puts a final end on Fusequest.
Miss Lemons
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum