UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Cooker And Oven Forum

CIS640b Hotpoint Induction Hob F6

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Get oven and cooker spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for built in ones and cookers including range cookers with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by sooze69 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Can anyone help with an error code on my Induction Hob? It's 18 months old and had been working well until yesterday when the left two cooking areas are now lighting up with flashing error code F then 6. The right hand cooking areas are okay.

It said to turn off the electric and turn it back on - which I have done via the isolation switch but the F6 keeps coming back. It is out of warranty and two costly to replace after only 18 months - as my previous one lasted over 10 years. Any ideas how to stop the F6 flashing?

Many thanks

Suzie
sooze69
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 pm

looks like a board failure

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator

by sooze69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi Electrofix - would a board failure affect two heating areas - or would it affect all four? How much would a new board cost if I organised a call out. It's 18 months old which is pants for a new hob in my opinion. All appliances I have owned have lasted at least 5 years. I'll write to them for information on the failure rate to see if these induction hobs are particularly fragile. They should be fit for purpose.
sooze69
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Fault 6 is described as mains frequency wrong. since unless you on your own generator this is highly unlikely it has to be the board
But at £256 its not worth it so complain away

https://parts.indesit.co.uk/product/mod ... /C00381918

bear one thing in mind. your contract is with the retailer who sold it to you, that is where goods and money changed hands. If Hotpoint want to help then its only through goodwill on their part

look up sale of goods act and quote bit of it to show you know your rights and see if can make them bend and pay for it

best of luck

Dave
electrofix

by sooze69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Thank you very much Dave. That really helps. Yes I have emailed the retailer who are actually Smart Care rewards - part of Domestic and General for further information on faults occurring on this model as if anyone would know it would be them! I've quoted The Consumer Rights Act 2015 so I will keep you posted. The other option is to pay £15 a month x 12 for them to repair but personally if a product is so poorly constructed that it fails in under three years I wouldn't ever buy another.

Thanks again

Suzie
sooze69
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm

its interesting to note one thing

cis640b current price £270

beko hri6440 current price £239

bosch pue611b current price £299

the difference is both the Beko and Bosch carry 2 years guarantee

Dave
electrofix

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/