UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

General Enquiries And Questions

Damage to air conditioner

General questions of any nature relating to the appliance industry can be posted here or questions about the UK Whitegoods appliance website or forums

Spare parts for all domestic appliances

“Spare
Get spare parts including accessories and filters for your kitchen appliances in our store for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you

Oven & cooker fan motors

Should you need a new fan motor for your built in oven, cooker or range cooker that are a common cause of noise or uneven cooking then we can supply almost any for UK ovens and cookers often at low prices and with many compatible fan motors stocked. Find replacement fan motors in our store for all major brands including Britannia, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Rangemaster, Smeg and many more

Buy oven fan motors for built in ovens and cookers online

by Joeycat » Tue May 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi Everyone

I bought a portable air conditioner a couple of days ago & I noticed some damaged to the metal which is just behind a hatch(to the air filter) on the machine, should I be worried?

The supplier offered me a 10% discount however what if in 6 months the machine breaks down & its sent back for repair the manufacturers will see the damage & assume the worst?

I have attached two pics of the damage & I'd be interested in anyone's opinion.

Thank you
Joey
Attachments
IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_4745.JPG
Joeycat
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Oven & cooker door hinges

If the door on your built in oven or cooker isn’t closing properly it’s almost certain that the door hinges will need to be replaced. Find replacement door hinges in our store for all major brands including Hotpoint, Britannia, Beko, Rosieres, Stoves, Smeg and many more

Buy oven door hinges for built in ovens and cookers online

by kwatt » Tue May 30, 2017 10:05 pm

It shouldn't make a lot of, if any, difference.

K.
"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store Find an appliance repair company here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator
Appliance Forum Administrator

by thekeymurphy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Was it bought brand new?

If so there are laws related to the general condition a product should be in when you bought it. If you're not happy, can you not just exchange it for another one?
thekeymurphy
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by r600a » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi

It will NOT affect it what so ever and will work for years with that damage.

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

by thekeymurphy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Again, regardless, I don't see why you can't just exchange this for another one.

Check out s14(2B)(b) + (c) - might as well try!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54/section/14
thekeymurphy
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by r600a » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi

It isn't actually physically damaged... What your looking at is fins that will bend with a slight touch..they are made that way.You can even use a comb to straighten them if you bend them whilst refitting the filter assembly... Even a brand new one on the production line will have the same damage ( But its not damage ). Your making a mountain out of nothing.

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

by Martin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

You've got the feedback now go get your 10% refund.....stay cool man! :wink:
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Can you afford to pass up free work?

Can you really miss out on free work and the possibility of not being seen for contract work? You can create your own account and get service calls logged online delivered right to your inbox or even your phone via text message and for rapport users, straight into your dashboard, you don't even need to type in the details, just do the work and get paid.

Get more information here on how it works

No cost, no catch, just free work

Engineer logo

Return to General Enquiries And Questions