UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Tumble Dryer Help Forum

Hotpoint thumble dryer thermostate issue

Help and support for vented, condenser and heat pump tumble dryers. For tumble dryer spares click here

Get tumble dryer spare parts

Buy tumble dryer spare parts in our store for all tumble dryer makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by csavarka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I have a hotpoint TDWSF 83B EP thumble dryer with a fault code F04.
I have check online and i found that is a thermostat issue.
So I have taken apart and tried to test the thermostat the NFC is works fine but the other one the stats I have tested resistance but nothing happens not even for the continuity.
So any other way to test or how I need to test correctly?
Finally where I can buy new if that one is not good ?

Regards Tamas
csavarka
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Tumble dryer not heating?

If your tumble dryer doesn’t heat up then there is a chance that on or more of the control thermostats may have failed. Find a new thermostat or thermostat kit in our store including many low cost compatible thermostats for all major brands

Buy tumble dryer thermostats and other tumble dryer spare parts

by iadom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm

This is a Whirlpool dryer rebadged as Hotpoint. The parts diagrams for these are not very clear but it appears that the heater and thermostats come as a complete assembly, list price £83.50. :(

There is also another ntc that appears to be located in the front fan housing.
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

by csavarka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:36 pm

the state thermostat how I can test correctly ?
can I change for a resettable ?

Regards
csavarka
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by iadom » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Not familiar with this Whirlpool dryer, where is this thermostat located, is it near the heating element. Fitting a stat of a different rating or a resettable one is not a wise thing to do.

If it is a thermostat and not an ntc then a simple continuity test is all that is required.
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

Return to Tumble Dryer Help Forum