UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Tumble Dryer Help Forum

Hoover DYC8913B tumble won't turn after a push

Help and support for vented, condenser and heat pump tumble dryers. For tumble dryer spares click here

Get tumble dryer spare parts

Buy tumble dryer spare parts in our store for all tumble dryer makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by daveey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello appreciate if you can help....I have a Hoover condenser dryer DYC8913B-80. I was using it today and it stopped in middle of a cycle and the alarm light flashing but no error codes, the filters were not unduly blocked but i cleaned them and attempted to re start.... humming sound and no rotation. I took top off the machine and whilst it was buzzing I gave the drum a push start in each direction and it would not run just kept buzzing.... i took the heater cover off and can turn the fan easily with one finger and the drum rotates.... so I'm thinking more likely motor than capacitor and given the effort to get in and out of a 7 year old appliance that aint worth the cost of a new motor i wondered what the consensus was..... motor or capacitor...please help
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Need your tumble dryer repaired?

Find local approved tumble dryer repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any make of tumble dryer

Find a local tumble dryer repair company for all makes including built in and integrated tumble dryers

by Martin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Was the belt still wrapped around the drum and in good order?
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by daveey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello Martin..Thank you for the help...As far as i can see it is in good order.... when i took the heater cover off i was able to easily turn the fan at back of the motor with one finger and this resulted in the drum turning quite easily.
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

by kaibart » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am

Then I would at least try changing the motor capacitor as this is a cheap part that is common to fail on Hoover dryers it does involve stripping down the dryer thou.
kaibart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by daveey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 am

I could do this but wanted to try and establish from others that the push start is not always a reliable analysis and in some cases the motor is ok and it's only the capacitor
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

by daveey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Well I changed the capacitor today and machine is fixed. Just goes to show that not starting with a push is still possible to fix with a capacitor change.
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

by daveey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 pm

I also fitted without taking the front off. I went inthru the fan housing only room for one hand but took me 10 mins to take out and 10 mins to have it back in and all screwed back together.
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

by kaibart » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Just goes to show it's worth a go sometimes it can be motor thou :wink:
kaibart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by daveey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

To be honest I thought there was only a 10% chance of fixing it with the capacitor. I was chuffed at going in thru the fan hole it was so easy. A guy at a local repair shop told me how to do it that way saved hours and thanks for your help in motivating me to have a go anyway
daveey
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

Return to Tumble Dryer Help Forum