UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Tumble Dryer Help Forum

Code F-17 on Bosch WVD24520GB/01 washer-dryer

Help and support for vented, condenser and heat pump tumble dryers. For tumble dryer spares click here

Get tumble dryer spare parts

Buy tumble dryer spare parts in our store for all tumble dryer makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by r-morris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi,

I know we all hate these machines but in a 1-bed flat space is at an absolute premium...

Washing programmes run perfectly.

Dryer programme generates code F-17 a couple of minutes in. This means a water supply problem, and the most common fix is to replace the inlet valve. However in this machine water can be observed entering the condenser reservoir so the valve is definitely OK; I have inspected the tubes and they are free of debris.

The fan and heater appear to be functioning. I would imagine it's a sensor issue, but although I've fixed quite a few washing machines I quite honestly don't know what to do with this dryer :-(

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)
r-morris
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

by r-morris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Also, does anyone know what the purpose of this box is? The smaller diameter tube comes from the inlet valve, and the larger tube goes on to the condenser. There's a small hole in the top (air inlet I assume?)

IMAG0036.jpg
r-morris
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by electrofix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

all water entering any appliance has to go through an air break to pass water regs

if water supply to building got damaged there may be a vacuum in the pipes. without the air break it could be possible to suck dirty water back into a clean water main

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator

by r-morris » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave - makes sense, but what about the other water inlets, that go to the detergent drawer?

Any ideas on the F-17 error? Curiously, I've now discovered that if you use a wash+dry programme the drying works! But a separate drying programme always gives the error.
r-morris
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by electrofix » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 pm

bosch withhold all codes so we only have what we can scrounge or work out most of the time

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/faul ... mitstart=0

you could look here but your range is not listed but I believe some of the bosch washer dryers are made by Smeg

Dave
electrofix

Need your tumble dryer repaired?

Find local approved tumble dryer repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any make of tumble dryer

Find a local tumble dryer repair company for all makes including built in and integrated tumble dryers

Return to Tumble Dryer Help Forum