Washing Machine Help Forum

Candy GOF 662-80 Programmer dial

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Candy GOF 662-80 Programmer dial

Postby MotherofAliens » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi all, I have the above machine, its given me good service so far. But now its aggravating me.

I usually use the machine on a quick wash, which gives a half speed spin, then I switch it to the spin only option on the dial to give the washing a final blast at full speed spin.

The problem is that the dial seems to have lost its 'contact' for the spin. I have to twiddle the dial or even press it or pull on the knob to get it to fix on the spin option (the light that shows where it is just hops from one icon to another but doesn't stop on the spin icon without the twiddling).

Is this a replacement part, or can I take it out and clean the contacts. I am worried that it has plastic bits that may have worn out, requiring a full replacement.

Also the bearing are getting worn and I will be replacing them as soon as I get the parts.

Thanks
Julie
MotherofAliens
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Washing machine drain pumps

Drain pumps for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
If your washing machine will not drain the cause will normally be that either your drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the machine failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible washing machine pumps in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Candy GOF 662-80 Programmer dial

Postby kwatt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 am

Hi Julie,

It will be a selector switch at the back that's the problem most likely.

Fascia off etc. to get to it.

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator
Appliance Forum Administrator

• Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum