UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Dishwasher Help Forum

DW686 IFT code

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Get spare parts for dishwashers

Buy dishwasher spare parts in our store for all major dishwasher makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by Procky69 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Afternoon all.
My DW686 Beko integrated dishwasher is only 4 years old and it sticks on the pumping hot water cycle shorting out the heating element before attempting to go again every 30seconds. The code I get on diagnostics is IFT (is this intermittent fault?). I have swapped the pump, synchronous valve and heater element individually but the same problem occurs. I have checked all pipes for blockages that I can access as it sounds as though it tries to pump water but nothing is coming through the spray arms. I've checked all those and they are clear. Is it an electrical short or pressure differential problem? It fills up and drains fine.
Thanks
Procky69
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Dishwasher not draining?

If your dishwasher will not drain the cause will often be that either the drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible dishwasher pumps in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Smeg and many more

Drain pumps for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more

by Procky69 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 pm

It was the wires that run under the door hinge in a plastic sleeve. An earth and a black wire had been cut by the hinge causing a short in the sequence. Fixed and protected the rest of the wires from further damage. All works fine now, but be careful if you're doing it, as all the edges are sharp. Poor design, no wonder the wires were severed.
Procky69
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by pcanimal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi got a similar problem. Where abouts is the wire? Do you have Abby pics
pcanimal
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum