UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Dishwasher Help Forum

Zanussi ZDF3023 Not Drying

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Get spare parts for dishwashers

Buy dishwasher spare parts in our store for all major dishwasher makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by ratsalad » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi, it's been a while since you guys tried to help me, but I'm back with another problem that has just reared its ugly head... I have the above dishwasher ZDF3023 PNC 911 513 076 04 Serial # 34737801
The problem only started today, run a full cycle and it skips the drying cycle I.E. The dishes are still wet and cold.
I thought it was the heater so ran an empty cycle and the water seems to get hot but when it finishes the insides are not hot at all and still vey wet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

John.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Dishwasher not heating up water?

If your dishwasher will not heat the water the reason is often that the heater has failed, which is the heating element used to heat the water and to dry your dishes. You can buy replacement heating elements including many low cost compatible dishwasher heaters in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Smeg, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Heating elements for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more

by electrofix » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 pm

is it getting hot or is it plumbed into your hot water. if it hot there will be a lot of steam

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 am

Hi, Thanks for replying.

It's a cold water fill, and during the wash cycle it gets hot but when the cycle ends the dishes are cold and very wet.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:31 am

from a lux manual for engineer about poor drying results

A) Check whether the selected cycle includes a final drying phase (the 30min and 1h cycles, for instance, do not include drying). Should the wash cycle not include a drying phase, suggest that the customers keep the appliance door ajar at the end of the cycle.
B) Check whether the "ENERGY SAVING" option key was selected
If this function has been selected, in order to achieve energy savings, the temperature of the final rinse drops ,from 69°C to 45°C, with a clear effect on the final drying phase. If this option has been selected, it remains enabled in subsequent wash cycles as well, until the user disables it. The instruction manual recommends you keep the appliance door ajar at the end of the cycle to get drier dishes.
C) Gradually increase the quantity of rinse aid dispensed by the dispenser if drops of water or limescale remain
on the dishes. Make sure no bluish rings appear on the dishes or inside the dishwasher: this is a sign of too
much rinse aid. Also check whether the rinse aid consumption is normal and that there are no dispenser
malfunctions.
D) Check the brand of rinse aid used. Recommend well-known products which are known to be effective.

Dave
electrofix

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 am

Hi, thanks for the tips, I haven't changed any settings on the machine for a few years, it was working fine until yesterday, I always use Finish products except for the salt, which I usually use Asda own brand. I've also only used the same program which is the normal cycle, the empty run I did was on the high temp program - all of which has performed perfectly until yesterday.

Thanks for the input so far.. :)

John.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 am

out of ideas now

if it heats on wash it should heat on rinse as it uses the same components.

Dave
electrofix

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks, that was my understanding too, which is why I thought I'd turn to those that know more than me ;) thanks anyway.

John.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 am

Is it at all possible for the element to partially fail, for example could it get warm during the wash cycle but fail on the final hot rinse? Not being able to test the actual water temp while washing is a problem for me, but having just done a couple of more runs it's hot enough to steam during the wash but then just fails to get really hot at the end/drying cycle or just before it wherever the dry heating of the water is applied. Money is quite lacking so don't want to buy parts that are unnecessary as it were.

John
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

I have had the odd element that gets hot and stops working but thats very very rare. most of the time elements either work or not

also if you did have that sort of problem try this

start programme and wait till dishwasher get hot
then abort the proramme and start it again
if it does not get hot at all on the second run then you may be onto something

Dave
electrofix

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Hmmm very confusing... to call an engineer out would kill me finanacially at the moment... but it's looking likely that's the way I'm going to have to go...

Thanks again Dave you help is appreciated.

John.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by electrofix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:57 pm

make sure you get an engineer you can trust

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/fi ... e-engineer

there a lot of cowboys out there who think they can fix modern appliances

Dave
electrofix

by ratsalad » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Noted, thanks Dave. :)

John.
ratsalad
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum