UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Fridge And Freezer Forum

Freezer working fridge is not

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

UK Whitegoods for fridge and freezer spare parts

Buy spare parts in our store for fridges and freezers including built in with many low cost compatible spares available or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by Kathmay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before but my hotpoint ff200blp fridge freezer is not working as it should. The freezer is ok but the fridge is not cold, it is showing at 15 degrees. I have taken the inside freezer plate off and cleared the ice, although it wasn't much but after a few hours the freezer is again cold but the fridge isn't, I also cannot feel any air going into the fridge but there doesn't seem to be any blockage.

Is there an easy quick fix for this issue? As if I cannot get this fixed today or tomorrow I will need to spend £400 on a new one so any help would be appriciated.

Thank you
Kathmay
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Fridge & freezer thermostats

You can buy replacement thermostats in our store here to fit all popular makes including thermostats for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

“Thermostats

by electrofix » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:09 pm

there may still be hidden ice in the ducts

to be certain turn it off, door open for 48 hours then turn on and see from there

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

by Brendarran » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Electrofix is right, turn off, open the doors and let the whole thing defrost over 24 to 48 hours.

If it ices up again in a few months you may need to get the heater circuit looked at.
Brendarran
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

by jenniferjudy225 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 am

I have a fridge that has two completely isolated and separated circuits and compressors for the fridge and freezer parts. In such a case the diagnosis is rather easy.

If you have a single-compressor model, you have an issue with the regulating system that controls how much heat is extracted from the individual compartments. Although in such case you would expect at least something to happen in the fridge part.

It will take a technician to figure out if you have an issue with the temperature sensors, the circuit board, the compressor(s), or any actuators.
jenniferjudy225
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by greenjerzi33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:05 pm

I recently noticed a big block of ice on the back wall of fridge. I switched it off and emptied fridge & once shelves came out the ice on back wall just came out so I put it all together again and sw back on. Freezer is fine but the Fridge has never worked since then. I am totally stumped as I was careful not to force ice out of freezer but after a few hours all the ice was gone. May I not have left it off for long enough???????
greenjerzi33
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by Brendarran » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 pm

The ice you removed inside the fridge compartment will not be what is blocking the evaporator or ducts. The reason you need to leave turned off with the doors open for 24 to 48 hours is to allow the ice, that is behind the panels that you see when you open your fridge or freezer, to melt and allow air flow. This ice is obviously well insulated behind the walls of the fridge, which takes it longer to melt.
Brendarran
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Fridge & freezer door hinges

You can buy replacement door hinges in our store here to fit all popular makes including Ingol, Hettich and other hinges for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more including many cheap compatible hinges

Door hinges for most fridges and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum