UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Buying Advice

Possible Heat Pump Dryer

Get advice from repairers, independent repairers and other users on which appliances like washing machines, cookers, ovens etc. are the best and the best to buy for your needs

Spare parts for all domestic appliances

“Spare
Get spare parts including accessories and filters for your kitchen appliances in our store for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you

by kezwald » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Any help/advice would be gratefully appreciated.
We are a family of three but with a difference our daughter is special needs/disabled so realistically more like a family of 4-5. We currently have a Samsung 9kg eco bubble rubbish. It is on I would say its on at least 5 times a week some days can be twice a day, so not a light user I would say.

Currently we have a 9yr old 6kg Beko vented in the garage which is well maintained (hence probably the long life span) I now need to bring a TD in the kitchen rather than keep going into garage for safety reasons (daughter). It will be almost impossible to go the vented route due to the kitchen layout.

So here comes me thinking I come under the few people where a HP would be beneficial, Also thinking I need something a little better than Beko HP but cant warrant the cost of a Miele, so looking at a Bosch.Serie 8 to get 9kg

The 2 i have looked at are the WTW87560GB & WTWH7560GB only difference one has home connect ( pointless IMO) but is also newer so may of ironed out some of the issues on the former.Both i can get around £650 to buy.

The main issues i have is the Serie 8 :
!/ Drums dont auto reverse, bedding getting tangled, although this can happen in my current machine
2/ Self clean condenser !! (not easily accesible) on the plus side i can do a flush of the condenser/pump in the engineer mode,so on the flip side of the coin is this actually better than one you manualy need to clean frequently ?

Happy with any help/suggestions or otherwise please
kezwald
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

by Martin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Condenser dryer are high maintenance in comparison to vented. Heat pump dryers take much longer to dry than conventional condenser dryers. Bosch umm? Not brilliant, Zanussi or Beko better.

You’d be hard pushed to find a reverse tumble from that lot as well. :(
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by iadom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

by kezwald » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Martin wrote:Condenser dryer are high maintenance in comparison to vented. Heat pump dryers take much longer to dry than conventional condenser dryers. Bosch umm? Not brilliant, Zanussi or Beko better.

You’d be hard pushed to find a reverse tumble from that lot as well. :(

Interesting you would put Zanussi or Beko above Bosch, is that from a quality or repair point of view. Having said that must admit never had a problem with Beko and my previous Beko WM was far better than current Samsung.

Something i did think was odd was Which seem to favour Bosch over Miele with these :o
I know about this stuff from an industrial point of view, but no idea how it fares in a domestic situation hence coming to you the experts. What i am trying to decide is it feesable at home considering the amount of laundry that gets done...would i save electric TBH i dont know in the real world.
kezwald
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by don » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi

To put another slant on it :wink:

Bosch do not make their own dryers, personally I think they are not good value for money.

If it were me I would go condenser dryer with a mechanical timer like the Hotpoint FETC70P. No sensors granted but a lot less to go wrong.

As said before Zanussi and Beko with no sensors would be another good choice.

Don
Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.
don

by kezwald » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm

don wrote:Hi

To put another slant on it :wink:

Bosch do not make their own dryers, personally I think they are not good value for money.

If it were me I would go condenser dryer with a mechanical timer like the Hotpoint FETC70P. No sensors granted but a lot less to go wrong.

As said before Zanussi and Beko with no sensors would be another good choice.

Don

Hi Don isnt the FETC70P one of the Fire Risk appliances, even though i do regulary maintain my current Beko with Mr Henry vac, think the wife would divorce me if she found out LOL
kezwald
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by don » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Yes it was one, but all the new variants of each model number have now been modified in production. So no more problems.

Any tumble dryer you purchase should be cleaned afer each cycle irrespective of the brand and model.

Don
Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.
don

by iadom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Whilst not wishing to step on my good friend Don's toes I would be wary of using any current Hotpoint dryer of this type if it is going to get heavy use.

Although the fire risk problems have been sorted it is still using the same rear drum bearing that is very prone to failure. the old square bearing used to fail rapidly but the current teardrop bearing is still not up to heavy use and wears right through leading to drum shaft failure if not caught in time.
iadom

by Martin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Beko DCJ83133W......nice :D
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by don » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm

iadom wrote:
Although the fire risk problems have been sorted it is still using the same rear drum bearing that is very prone to failure. the old square bearing used to fail rapidly but the current teardrop bearing is still not up to heavy use and wears right through leading to drum shaft failure if not caught in time.

Fair Shout iadom I was trying to keep it simple in order to prolong the life. The Beko ranges of late we have had issues with boards and heater failures ( sorry Martin) which leaves as far as I can see the Zanussi range.

Don
don

by kezwald » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Thanks guys for all getting involved here.

ideally could do with 9kg to match WM so any more you can suggest.

i did like the idea of the Beko Martin pointed out with see through door, more aesthetically pleasing to the eye with going in the kitchen.

TBH not to fused on the Candy nor Indesit groups anyway, Gues that puts Hotpoint out sorry Don
Electrolux i do come across these in work, although i do have a friend who use to have an AEG TD that sounded like a tractor, The question is do i have a puntt at Zannusi or not i don't know.

Any further suggestions welcome Please and possibly something a bit more economical to run
kezwald
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by iadom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 pm

kezwald wrote: possibly something a bit more economical to run

Still several of THESE in use in these parts. :)
iadom

by kezwald » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 am

:o Thought they went out with the arc, Brings backs memories of my Great Grand parents when i was a kid having one of those over the tub after it been run through the mangle :) how things have come on over the years
kezwald
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by iadom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 am

Great Grandparents.........my daughter still has one that does get occasional use. 8)

She draws the line at using the Dolly Tub, Posser and Mangle though. :lol:

Fine in older properties with much higher ceilings than modern houses., often used for decorative purposes these days though.
iadom

by don » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 am

iadom wrote:Still several of THESE in use in these parts. :)

We have one which is used weekly, excellent bit of kit :)

Don
don

Cooker hood switches and control boards

You can buy replacement cooker hood switches or control modules including in our store to fit all major cooker hood makes such as Diplomat, AEG, Bosch, Lamona, Elica and many more

cooker hood switches
                     and electronic control modules for most cooker hoods including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint,
                     Indesit, Ikea, Smeg and many more

Return to Buying Advice

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/