UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Hotpoint WD62P motor replacement

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by GrahamManchester » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello all,
I have swapped the motor in my mum's WD62P for a new "ACC" labelled one (previous was the original GDA? version). The new motor is a UOZ 112 G 55 084315; code: 16.40.2017 04 and I am confident that this is the correct one. I have read however, that a motor plug change (on the end of the wiring loom) is sometimes required. There exists a document describing the modification: leaflet No. 8200653 that comes with an FHP motor - does the same apply for this ACC one? I have not been able to find this leaflet on the web.
Thanks Graham :?:
GrahamManchester
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Washing machine carbon brushes

Did you know that carbon brushes are very often the cause of a washing machine drum not turning when they wear out? You can buy replacement carbon brushes including many low cost compatible washing machine carbons in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Carbon brushes for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more

by electrofix » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm

originally they used to supply a new motor with the correct plug but you also needed the correct tool to fit it

when a plug change was needed I think it was a longer plug ( more terminals) also the wiring order of the plug was different

post a few pictures

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator

by GrahamManchester » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks Dave,
The motor and plug both have 7 pins and they do mate with a bit of a push (it's the same size of plug but 2 of the 3 ident. notches don't match up . I heard that the 2 tacho. wires were in a different position between the different motors, but they actually match up, so I'm not sure if there is an issue with this ACC motor.
Graham
GrahamManchester
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by electrofix » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 pm

have you tried it to see if it runs ?

also some of the later programme boards have a 7A fuse on the board for the motor so if your old motor went pop the fuse may have gone

Dave
electrofix

by iadom » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 pm

As long as you match up the wires to the tacho on the old motor to the connections to the tacho on the new motor it will work fine without any other changes. Assuming as Dave said that no other damage has been done.
Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.
iadom

by GrahamManchester » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am

Thanks both,
I'll find out tomorrow when I power it up, I'll let you know what happens ..!
GrahamManchester
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by GrahamManchester » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:47 am

Hello again,
I switched the machine on yesterday, and it worked fine!
The W/M is 20 years old and I've just replaced the door switch too. The drum bearings are quiet and there's just a leak to sort out where the dryer blower attaches to the drum - an o-ring maybe? Anyway that's a job for another weekend...
Thanks for all your advice.

Graham.
GrahamManchester
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Washing machine door seal gaskets

If need a new door seal for your washing machine you can buy a replacement seal in our store here for all major washing machine brands with many low cost compatible seals available and many other washing machine spare parts. And for more detailed advice or support on how to replace a washing machine door gasket please see our fitting instructions here

A washing machine door seal or gasket, an important part in your washing machine

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum