UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

General Enquiries And Questions

Range cooker lifespan

General questions of any nature relating to the appliance industry can be posted here or questions about the UK Whitegoods appliance website or forums

Spare parts for all domestic appliances

“Spare
Get spare parts including accessories and filters for your kitchen appliances in our store for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

by klc1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

I have some issues with my Britannia range cooker which is approx 20yrs old. It needs a new door seal, new knobs, a service etc... I am wondering what the life span is of a cooker generally & if its worth the cost of up grading this old appliance? Any advice welcomed.
klc1
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Before you post it… search it!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Use the search function before you post!

by electrofix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:22 pm

a lot depends on whether the spares u need are still available

along with the general look of the cooker

you would need to cost it up first and take it from there

we would need all the model details ( model and serial) then we can see if the knobs and seal are still available

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

by kwatt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Most parts you will still get for it I'd think.

If you email me the ART and serial number to spares@ukwhitegoods.co.uk I'll find them for you.

There's not much to service other than doing the hinges, runners, seals and so on as long as the body and whatnot is sound.

K.
"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store Find an appliance repair company here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator
Appliance Forum Administrator

by zibit » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm

It would be best for you if you can buy a new one. At the end you will spend too much until you fix him
zibit
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Freezer flap or drawer front broken?

You can buy replacement plastic freezer flaps and drawer fronts in our store here to fit all popular makes including for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Do check carefully when ordering flaps as although many look the same they may well not be, if you are unsure please email to ask for assistance and we'll find it for you

plastic freezer flaps and drawer fronts for most fridge freezers and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

Return to General Enquiries And Questions