Washing Machine Help Forum

Indesit W123 - drum not spinning

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Indesit W123 - drum not spinning

Postby Tessa » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:26 am

Hi

I turned my washing machine on this morning and it made a grinding noise and now the drum does not spin at all but it makes the right noises.

I'm a total novice :oops: ... so just looking for some advise as to whats happened and how much to expect to pay for a repair :(

Any help appreciated!

Tessa
x
Tessa
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Re: Indesit W123 - drum not spinning

Postby Penguin45 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:26 pm

If the drum is not turning but the computer has not faulted, the belt is off or broken. The grinding noise is not a good sign - has the machine been getting noisier on spin recently? This can be a sign of drum bearing failure, which can throw the belt off. If this is the case, the belt is the least of your problems!

It's worth popping the back off and having a look - power off, of course. The belt should just wind on if intact, but look for brown stain marks as well.

If you're unsure how to proceed, click the link below for a UKW engineer in your area.

Regards,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby Tessa » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Hi Penguin

You are a star!! The belt had come off and my hubby was able to get it back on.

Thanks
xxx
Tessa
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Penguin45 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:43 pm

Tessa wrote:You are a star!! The belt had come off

Thanks - the belt is an elastic stretch type - if it comes off again, replace it. spares@ukwhitegoods.co.uk will get you a replacement at a sensible price.

Cheers,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

• Advertisement

Washing machine door seals

A washing machine door seal or gasket, an important part in your washing machine
If need a new door seal for your washing machine you can buy a replacement seal in our store here for all major washing machine brands with many low cost compatible seals available and many other washing machine spare parts. And for more detailed advice on how to replace a washing machine door gasket please see our fitting instructions here

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum