Washing Machine Help Forum

Indesit WG1034T Washing Machine - knocking Sound

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Re: Indesit WG1034T Washing Machine - knocking Sound

Postby Penguin45 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:15 am

Please check the Forum Rules. We have gone as far as we can on the advice front, now you have to figure it out.

I can tell you that the drum comes out through the top, and clearing everything from the top of the machine is crucial. You shouldn't need to disconnect any wiring at the top, but take piccies just in case. You'll have to disconnect down on the drum, so diagrams and piccies are essential. Release hoses and suspension legs, put the machine on its side and haul away.

Stay safe - power off first.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Postby jaspal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Penguin45 wrote:Please check the Forum Rules. We have gone as far as we can on the advice front, now you have to figure it out.

I can tell you that the drum comes out through the top, and clearing everything from the top of the machine is crucial. You shouldn't need to disconnect any wiring at the top, but take piccies just in case. You'll have to disconnect down on the drum, so diagrams and piccies are essential. Release hoses and suspension legs, put the machine on its side and haul away.

Stay safe - power off first.

Penguin45.

Thanks you Penguin45.

You said that "The entire tank assembly has to be removed for fitting, as the drum goes through the front."

That coupled with your statement above has confused me abit. :? .

If you read them separately, you will understand.

Thank you for the part number. Is that just for the broken arm? Is the arm permanently attached to the inner drum? Is there a picture of this in the Spares & Accessories section where you can point me to?
jaspal
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby iadom » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:50 pm

For 'tank' read inner and outer drum complete assembly.

The complete 'tank' comes out through the top of the cabinet, the inner drum comes out of the front of the outer drum.

The inner drum and shaft are a complete assembly.

It will not be held as a stock item so no picture, we can source one for you though.

Jim.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby cockney steve » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Jaspal...you will need to get the complete tank-assembly out....remove the motor,door-seal,main drive-pulley etc. then you can take the front off the outer-tank and will probably need a soft-metal (brass or aluminium) drift to knock the main shaft/inner drum through to separate them

....it sounds as though the 3-spoked spider /shaft assembly is permanently fixed to the inner drum and you have to buy the complete assembly.

It would be foolish to reassemble without fitting new bearings and a seal (all comes in a kit)

IMHO, It's not worth the time/efort/cash on that machine.
old enough for wisdom, young enough to be compos mentis.
cockney steve
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby jaspal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 am

cockney steve wrote:Jaspal...you will need to get the complete tank-assembly out....remove the motor,door-seal,main drive-pulley etc. then you can take the front off the outer-tank and will probably need a soft-metal (brass or aluminium) drift to knock the main shaft/inner drum through to separate them

....it sounds as though the 3-spoked spider /shaft assembly is permanently fixed to the inner drum and you have to buy the complete assembly.

It would be foolish to reassemble without fitting new bearings and a seal (all comes in a kit)

IMHO, It's not worth the time/efort/cash on that machine.

Hi, Thank you for your post.

I actually don't mind doing the work, might sound crazy, but I wanted to fix this myself.

If the price of the parts is alot, say £100, then I am not going to bother. The machine has given us a good 9+ years of no problems.

Just wondering, can you take the front panel of the machine off? If you can, how is this done?

Time to think it through.

Thanks again.

ps. Just wondering, what is this part for?

http://www.4indesit.co.uk/cgi-bin/produ ... path=52691
jaspal
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby cockney steve » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:43 am

Yup! that's the part! I dodn't check if that's the right part for your particular machine... but 8O 8O 58 quid!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell!!!!!! Dick Turpin, at least had the decency to wear a black eyepatch before emptying their wallets :evil:

Now, before you get ambitious.

If you could get access from the front, the guys on here would have told you so!

when the spider goes, as you have established, the clothes-drum wobbles around hitting the tub...the heater is inthe gap and, unless it's recessed, the drum front edge saws a slot in the heater which is now U/S

You will likely find that the drum is RIVETTED to the old spider....you would have to cut/drill/grind away the rivets without damaging the (wafer-thin) Stainless
Oh, and you'll need stainless bolts/nuts/lockwashers (available in small packs in some sizes from Screwfix, budget £15 or so )

then you stil have the bearing/seal kit..

My advice, your'e kicking 5hit uphill with Indesit......if you really want to repair a machine ,for the challenge, pick up a non-working Bosch or Zanussi (Miele are great but parts unobtainable on the open market and would bankrupt you)
off Fleabay... my last Zanussi cost me £15 by the time i'd collected it....fixed the doorlock but it had fried the main board...transistors/capacitors/resistors are not a problem but ONLY they have the EEPROM , without which you're stymied!

research this site, you'll then know what is a reasonable and repairable machine.

It won't be labelled Indesit unless it's already over 20 years old :P
(in which case all rubber will be perished and unobtainable!
old enough for wisdom, young enough to be compos mentis.
cockney steve
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Martin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 pm

cockney steve wrote:your'e kicking 5hit uphill with Indesit......

:rotl: an irrefutable nomenclature :rotl:
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby jaspal » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Cheers Steve.

Just checked my email, got a price for the whole inner drum assembly - £132.15. 8O

Well that settles that then.

I believe I'll go for a new washing machine.

But I am still taking the indesit apart anyway, :twisted: just for the sake of it. Been doing alot of reading about washing machines, be a shame to waste all that time spent.

Thank you to Steve, iadom, Penguin45, Goatboy, Toolbox, helo_75 and maltheviking.

Jaspal.
jaspal
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby helo_75 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 pm

be a good experience for you

DO NOT BUY A HAIER

if anyone thinks the indesit stuff is doo doo, they seen nothin till theyve watched one of these babies just trying to spin, never mind tryin to be quiet while therye doin it... if they havent blown up long time previous

spend the money and pick a better quality machine

prevention is often better than cure in my opinion
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby jaspal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks for the support helo_75.

I'll be starting a new thread regarding the new machine, as soon as I have browsed this site and others, probably sunday.

If anybody can advise me, I would like to know how to take the front of the machine off, I still havn't got around to doing to yet, been out of action due to a bad cold.

Are there any parts on the indesit, which would be classed as "generic", which can fit other machines?

Apart from this knocking sound, the machine is strong as a bull.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend guys 8)
jaspal
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby helo_75 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 pm

thats the point.. the front doesnt come off

what ppl are trying to say, is that the only way to get to the spider out is to take the whole tank assy out of the top of the machine, and work on it from there

not easy, just be careful of sharp edges and the weight of the drum assy

when you get it out, then you can take the front of the tub off, remove the pulley, then knock the drum out

good luck
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby iadom » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:41 pm

jaspal wrote:
If anybody can advise me, I would like to know how to take the front of the machine off, I still havn't got around to doing to yet

Contact your local fire brigade, they will have what is required to remove the front. :wink:
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom

Previous

• Advertisement

Washing machine not filling with water?

Buy washing machine water valves and other washing machine spare parts
If your washing does not fill up with water then it is likely that your water supply is faulty or the water fill valve in your machine is. Find replacement water valves in our store including many low cost compatible fill valves for all major brands such as Hoover, Hotpoint, Beko, AEG and more

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum