Washing Machine Help Forum

Repair or Replace Neff V4380 washer/dryer...

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Repair or Replace Neff V4380 washer/dryer...

Postby Chukka3 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Hope someone can advise - we have been advised that our 3year old Neff is now beyond reasonable repair... The Main Board has died and we would have to replace the motor too(?) cost approx £450. With no guarantee that this would completely fix the machine. So should we fix or get a new V5340? Also is there any value with the old machine - or do we just throw it away?

Many thanks...
Chukka3
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Re: Repair or Replace Neff V4380 washer/dryer...

Postby Kentish » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:58 pm

If it is only 3 years old, then I would go against my usual policy and repair this machine even if the cost is half a new one (if not more). The quality of your machine is much better than the newer models now, yours being a German made appliance as opposed to the new model German "pretence".

Just my opinion though.
Kentish
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Fairdeal » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Just to let you know that the new neff V5340 model gave me lots of headache.The design is same as a new smeg or whirlpool W/d.

I had a lot of complaints regarding the W/Ds that was shaking a lot, even the neff engineer was unable to repair it.

But good things is that they give you 2 years warranty.

I am not sure if they have sorted this problem out,Maybe other engineers have better experience of these but not for me.

Lastly was that a reliable engineer that you called?
Reason; some of these W/Ds, the carbon brushes went and was giving a lot of headache.

Regards
Fairdeal
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Chukka3 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks for the reply's.

My concern is that if the machine is repaired (at £450) but still does not work then more money to either replace more items - or buy a new one.... The main board has literally gone up in smoke... and the advice was that the area that the board 'went' was attached (?) to the motor.. However he was not able to confirm that the proposed repair would actually sort the problem. He was supposed to be a respected engineer - family firm around for over 30 years etc etc... Should have looked at this site first - oh well...

I think I may bite the bullet and fork out £800 for the new one - are the machines different then? Or is it just to do with where they are made?
Chukka3
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Kentish » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Early new model Neff washer dryers that banged and bounced should have all been recalled. Updated versions doesn't do either and is steady.
Kentish
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

• Advertisement

Washing machine drain pumps

Drain pumps for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
If your washing machine will not drain the cause will normally be that either your drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the machine failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible washing machine pumps in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum