Domestic Appliance | Self Repair Guides
Fisher And Paykel Dishdrawer Fault Codes
- Hits: 23036
These are the most common fault or error codes used in Fisher And Paykel's Dishdrawer dishwasher and most of them use the same fault or error codes when they have a problem or a spare part fails. These codes are used on all Dishdrawer including the badged models from Whirlpool and John Lewis etc. to the best of our knowledge.
These fault codes for Fisher And Paykel dishdrawer dishwasher models models will displayed as a digital code, exactly as you will see below, in an LED or LCD panel or display on the front of the dishwasher. For dishwasher models that do not have an LED or LCD display please see this set of error codes.
Please remember to support our site by buying Fisher And Paykel spares from our spare part store and, if you decide that you really need an engineer please support the local repairers that help make this site possible, you can use our engineer search to find a local repairer.
Fisher And Paykel Dishdrawer Dishwasher Fault Codes
Like other fault codes these written for dishwasher repairers and not for the general public by Fisher And Paykel and they assume a certain level of competence on the part of the user in diagnostic routines. We have added some notes to try to assist you in determining the nature of the fault you have but, you will still need to investigate each failure on its own merits. For more help and advice on fault finding on a dishwasher please refer to our basic fault finding guide from this link before you begin.
Please check that any Fisher And Paykel dishwasher spares recommended are suitable for use on your particular model and production code or serial number. If you are unsure about the suitability of any spare part please ask to ensure that you get the correct spares for your washing machine. Please, don't guess or assume as spares can be altered on a production run with the same model number having several different alternative components used.
F1 Flood switch activated for more than six seconds
F2 The motor has not been detected as roating
F3 Water temperature detected as over 85˚C or 185˚F
F4 No temperature increase detected while the element is energised
F9 Electronics failure, EEPROM access error
U1 Dishdrawer failed ot fill with water after approximtely three minutes
Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer Fun!
Get your Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer to play a tune.
- Open one of the drawers and press POWER and release, then press and hold both the ADVANCE (located inside the drawer on the left) and the POWER button at the same time for a few seconds
- The LCD screen segments should start flashing (including some you may have not seen before) and the back-light will flash
- Now press the START/PAUSE button and your dishwasher will play a tune!! (The one used on the New Zealand F&P television commercial we think)
- To reset your Dish drawer, disconnect the power supply for 10 seconds
The Fisher & Paykel development boys were obviously bored that day, and we're happy about that for the amusement provided by them.
More Help, Advice & Guidance
Should you need more help and guidance please use the links from this article as most of them will help you to understand your Fisher & Paykel dishwasher a lot better and probably very much help you in diagnosing the fault you have. Of course there are many other articles on the site that will also help you do this.
In addition you can post in our help and advice forums after registering but please do pay heed to the information below before doing so and read the guides, they are there to help you. But if you are in any doubt at all or don't think you are up to diagnosing the fault yourself please click here to find a local dishwasher engineer.
You must understand certain things before you begin or attempt any repairs on your own and we want to make these points very, very clear to anyone that decides to investigate one of these or any other washing machines:
- We are not responsible for your safety, you are and by using this guide you accept that and accept that any damage that you may cause and work undertaken is entirely at your own risk.
- We will advise the common causes of the fault codes but we cannot guarantee that any parts or work recommended will resolve the issue. It is entirely your responsibility to diagnose your particular problem and resolve it.
- We are not responsible for you buying spares that do not resolve the problem, this is down to your own diagnosis not ours.
- No warranty is inferred, implied or given.
Please do note that manufacturers can and do change fault codes without notice and we cannot guarantee that these error codes will apply to your particular model as all codes apply to a wide range of appliances and not normally any one specific model. To determine if these fault codes do apply to your particular Fisher & Paykel dishwasher model please post a request to confirm this in the forums.