Bosch, Neff & Siemens Dishwasher Recall Notice July 2011
- Last Updated: Monday, 25 April 2016 12:58
- Hits: 26147
The following notice has been issued by the manufacturer:
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD
Owners of the following Bosch, Neff and Siemens dishwashers please act on this safety notice
Our quality control department has identified that an electrical component on a limited number of Bosch, Neff and Siemens branded dishwashers may overheat and in very rare cases cause a potential fire hazard. We are committed to the highest standards of safety and quality. As a responsible manufacturer we are voluntarily undertaking a free in-home repair programme of affected dishwashers which were manufactured between 1999 and early 2005. The affected dishwashers are certain models in the batch number range from FD 7901 to FD 8504 (see explanation below). Dishwashers which are outside the above batch number range are not affected.
The appliance details can be found either engraved on the top or on a sticker on the left hand side of the inner part of the door (see pictures below).
To identify if you are the owner of one of the affected dishwashers, please do the following:
1. Go to your dishwasher and get your model details and batch number.
2. Check whether your batch number range lies within FD 7901 to FD 8504 – if not, you are not affected by this safety notice.
3. If your batch number falls within this range, please visit our website at www.repairaction.co.uk and enter your model number together with your batch number to verify whether your particular dishwasher is affected. From here you will be able to arrange your free of charge repair immediately.
4. Alternatively, contact our call centre on freephone 0800 561 0082. Opening hours are Mon – Fri 7am to 12pm (midnight) and Sat – Sun 8am to 8pm.
This safety notice does not affect any other Bosch, Neff and Siemens branded appliances.
BSH Home Appliances Limited, Grand Union House, Old Wolverton Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes MK12 5PT