Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miele Warranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miele Warranty

    Given that our 3.5 year old Bosch washing machine we have is giving up the ghost, I'm looking at alternatives. I'm a little wary of buying another Bosch but maybe it's my own fault for not taking out extra warranty at the time. Miele are offering 10 year parts and labour on some of their models.

    Is it too good to be true?
    Is there a catch that I've missed?

  • #2
    no catch as far as I know unless you use it industrially as miele know how many hours the machine has run for.
    whats wrong with the bosch ?

    Dave

    Comment


    • #3
      The Miele five and ten year warranty's are a promotional tool used by Miele. The more expensive the model the longer the the guarantee. There are very few exclusions but it's worth checking the guarantee conditions on their website.
      Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by electrofix View Post
        no catch as far as I know unless you use it industrially as miele know how many hours the machine has run for.
        whats wrong with the bosch ?
        Dave
        3 adults so 4-6 full loads a week at the most.
        I posted clicky about the Bosch. In short, vibrating more on spin, more violent on higher spin speeds and now there's a whining noise starting to develop. Sealed drum and the replacement costs 220 for the part alone. Expensive unless I attempt to replace it myself.


        Originally posted by don View Post
        The Miele five and ten year warranty's are a promotional tool used by Miele. The more expensive the model the longer the the guarantee. There are very few exclusions but it's worth checking the guarantee conditions on their website.
        I was surprised they offer only a 2-year guarantee (same as the Bosch) except for some models. I'm keen to avoid more problems with another washing machine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stealthwolf View Post


          I was surprised they offer only a 2-year guarantee (same as the Bosch) except for some models.
          If all Miele appliances had a five year warranty the prices would have to rise somewhat.
          Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

          Comment


          • #6
            I purchased a Miele classic model (the cheaper end) with the 10 year guarantee this time last year! There are no catches! Its by far the best washing machine I've had. The clothes come out so clean & smell incredibly fresh - no need for fabric conditioner. Family of 4 with lots of kids stained clothes (grass stains, mud, food stains, the lot). They come out spotless. The motor is silent - the only time you hear it running is in spin mode. The clothes are in a loose pile at the end of the cycle - not stuck to the side of the drum - can only think this is why I now have less ironing. I no longer need to iron school skirts/trousers!

            You will not be disappointed with a Miele & the 10 yr guarantee is a no brainer!

            Comment

            Affresh

            Collapse
            Working...
            X