Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free standing cooker challenge

Hi

My Hotpoint DSC 60 S has basically given in. The ceramic glass is coming loose and the main oven has stopped working, so I need a new one.There is a bewildering number of cookers out there, many with very similar suffixes, and I know that quality isn't neccessarily what it was. And brands Y & Z are owned by brand X. So two cookers by different brands may be essentially the same product even with different pricing.

I am looking for something reliable, 60cm wide, ceramic with a largish main oven (comfortably big enough for large meals such as at Christmas)

Some contenders are
    Belling Farmhouse60E Electric Cooker with Ceramic Hob

Stoves Richmond600E Electric Cooker with Ceramic Hob

These are the same company and almost identical.
    Zanussi ZCV69350XA
    Zanussi ZCV66050XA

AEG CCB6740ACM

I know Zanussi & AEG are also one company.

I have seen most in showrooms, and the Zanussi's actually seemed to have flimsy dials and knobs with a rubbery resistance which put me off, and I worry that the Bellings are too small.

Any advice is gratefully received,

Thanks Darren
    This Richmond600E_HJAL hot jalepeno electric cooker from Stoves has an efficient A/A energy rating, a main electric fan oven which cooks food evenly on every shelf, a slow cook feature for preparing succulent meat and telescopic shelf runners. Free delivery available at ao.com
    Last edited by don; 15-01-19, 07:14 AM.

Hotpoint have the biggest volume sales of electric cookers in the UK. They are not bad in the big scheme of things and the spares are reasonably priced.

AEG and Zanussi are mainly distributed through John Lewis. The build is better than Hotpoint and I do like the sloped control panel on some of the models.

Belling and Stoves are not the brands they once were but are still worth a punt.

Don
    Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
      Working...
      X