Appliance Spare Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re buying slimline fridge freezer

Can anyone advise me what fridge freezers are available which are 50cm wide, but also about 165cm high (or higher), 50/50 fridge/freezer split, no handles, white and possibly frost free? Thanks
    Last edited by don; 06-02-19, 08:08 AM.

There is very little in that width nowadays let alone frost free, the emphasis nowadays is on larger pieces of refrigeration.

The only manufacturer that produce anything like that is Lec with their TF50152W but it isn't cheap. After thast there is only Curry's own brand stock of which the production is mainly from the far East, https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/refrigeration/fridge-freezers/333_3125_30212_xx_ba00013306-bv00312393/1_50/relevance-desc/xx-criteria.html] link here [/url] if you want to take a look.
    Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Thanks very much, Don. I checked them out but they are quite short in height and I didn't really want one with a height less than my old one which is 163 cm. Do you know which models might be available at the next width up (which I believe could be 54 or 55 cm wide?), plus all the other specs as mentioned before?

Comment

There is the Hotpoint HBNF5517W or Beko CFG1582W for starters.

AO have a good search tool which I have loaded for you the results are here you need to filter out the 60cm width though.

Don
        Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Belated thanks for your help, Don. The AO search tool is very useful and I found this model which has most of the features I want: https://ao.com/product/rb338n4ew1-hi...-43437-28.aspx but I've never heard of Hisense before - do you happen to know where this brand is from and if it has a good reputation/customer service? My only other concern is the plastic rear panel material as I believe Which? (consumers' association) would class this as potentially unsafe flammable backing. What is your opinion?

Comment

Hi They are a relatively new player to the industry. Company info can be found here what there is of it

The products are good value for the price, Plastic backing has been around since refrigeration started out. Appliances built now will have a flame retardant back of some sort or other. If the appliance is installed correctly in accordance with any recommendations as listed in the manual everything should be okay.

Don

Comment

Hi Jane,

We have a Hisense, but the american-style (Hisense RS723N4WB1), the quality is very good... We have recommended it to our friends and family and some of these have a Hisense, but other models... We are happy with the temperature regulation and it is surprising the difference a top quality fridge makes to the freshness of food and how much longer it lasts... Even foods which perish quickly last quite some time in our Hisense.

Of course, this will be mainly due to the features it has such as the multi-flow technology and the super freeze/cool function - but from what we can see on AO, the Hisense you have seen also has these. White Goods UK have a list set up to explain the features you should look for too (not sure if you've seen it): https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...ures-explained...

Also - ApplianceDirect have the model for 289, saves 10... Could put it to good use and start filling the wine rack

Kind regards

LKA

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
              Working...
              X