Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stung by the seal tub scandal - what's the best of a bad bunch?

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stung by the seal tub scandal - what's the best of a bad bunch?

hi,

the bearings have gone on our integrated AEG washing machine so need to replace, I need to go integrated again due to the space we have available so I know its a small field.

I've narrowed it down to these two, which have a £200 difference:

Bosch WIW28300GB
    Beko WIY84540F

What I'd like to know is if the extra £200 going to get me any more sort of life on the machine in terms of quality of build or any sort of vague ability to repair.

How many people are using the machine? 4 (2 adults, 2 kids)
    How many loads of washing per day are you doing roughly? 1
    Do you line dry or use a tumble dryer? both
    Do you have size limits to what you can fit? standard integrated size
    Have you any special needs? Doesn't fail soon!
    What sort of budget you have. £400-£600

Thanks in advance! Great site BTW!

Both those models have sealed tanks. I think you know already the implications of that.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Beko it is then

Comment

" Beko it is then ". Err....Which also has a sealed tank! The only machines I can think of that DO NOT have a sealed tank are SOME Neff, Siemens, Bosch. I `m pretty sure all the Miele. Of the other brands: basically this comes down to Vestel made machines from Turkey e.g. Montpellier and Chinese / Korean brands such as Currys Logik, Essentials - which could be from either countries as per Bush. Lg, Samsung, Statesman and Haier.

Comment

logic here is there is no point paying extra for the same pile of junk

Dave

Comment

That was not a recommendation, I never recommend anything. The Chinese built Logiks, though the drums and bearings can be removed / repaired I agree that might be happening sooner rather than later, there again you can say that about Samsung at nearly 3 times the price. Logik, which I do a fair number suffer from lack of oil seal grease, in other words the seal gets premature friction worn but it is an easyish fix. The best grease to use is white boat/ship propellor grease, 1 finger gobs worth around the silver spider hub and the same around the oil seal.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
            Working...
            X