Appliance Spare Parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Miele?

Hi, ive scoured the forums, the help articles and pretty much ended up at Miele. I am left with one question if someone would be kind enough to help?

Miele WCE320
    vs
    Miele WCH360

Both come with a 10year warranty and are practically the same price once installation and removal of old machine is taken into account of buying from John Lewis in the Uk. One comes with it free. Though the saving of 50-100 is not what I'm worried about. Im just after the better machine, or if there's another that I should be looking at?

Thanks for helping with my headache

There are some other models also around the 1000 - 1200 mark
    https://m.miele.co.uk/domestic/10-ye...hines-3138.htm
    https://ao.com/l/washing_machines-mi...aol_saleincvat
    https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/ele...z1411zZ1z0rooj
    Last edited by 1u2s3e4r5n6a7m8e; 20-03-19, 07:25 PM.

I have an entry level Miele (WDD030) - purchased Jan 2018 - about 700. I did look at the higher spec models but decided that I didn't need the added features of TwinDos, power wash etc + couldn't justify the extra cost for such features.

Its a very simple machine with no bells & whistles & looks rather outdated, 70s springs to mind! The Germans didn't invest in looks on this occasion!!

But its cleaning power is phenomenal. My kids trash their clothes.... mud, grass, curry stains, tomato based stains, the lot.... I've had several washing machines in my time & this Miele is the Rolls Royce of washing machines. Whites stay white. I never use stain removers like Vanish & the clothes come out spotless. Also less ironing too - so no ironing of school skirts & trousers anymore - hoorah! The clothes are in a loose pile at the end of the wash, so this must contribute towards less creased clothes, unlike other machines where the clothes are stuck to the sides.

Laundry comes out smelling extremely fresh, no need to fabric conditioners. I really don't know how Miele has achieved this feature!

The motor is silent - you can't hear it running, other than the sound of water swishing around.

You won't be disappointed with a Miele!

Comment

Originally posted by thrombel View Post
      I have an entry level Miele (WDD030) - purchased Jan 2018 - about 700. I did look at the higher spec models but decided that I didn't need the added features of TwinDos, power wash etc + couldn't justify the extra cost for such features.

Its a very simple machine with no bells & whistles & looks rather outdated, 70s springs to mind! The Germans didn't invest in looks on this occasion!!

But its cleaning power is phenomenal. My kids trash their clothes.... mud, grass, curry stains, tomato based stains, the lot.... I've had several washing machines in my time & this Miele is the Rolls Royce of washing machines. Whites stay white. I never use stain removers like Vanish & the clothes come out spotless. Also less ironing too - so no ironing of school skirts & trousers anymore - hoorah! The clothes are in a loose pile at the end of the wash, so this must contribute towards less creased clothes, unlike other machines where the clothes are stuck to the sides.

Laundry comes out smelling extremely fresh, no need to fabric conditioners. I really don't know how Miele has achieved this feature!

The motor is silent - you can't hear it running, other than the sound of water swishing around.

You won't be disappointed with a Miele!

Thanks for replying. I looked at that model. Unfortunately its now 849 and buying the added ten year warranty will take it up into the 1000 pound area. Im not sure its as good as the models priced there that have the ten year warranty included.

So confused

Comment

I would personally go for the 579 one (cheapest model on John Lewis website) that comes with Miele 2 year standard warranty, versus 1,000+ for their models that come with a 10 year warranty.
        Its the chance that one takes....... Depends what you are looking for regarding features & extra guarantees.

As I said previously, I don't need added features. I just wanted a reliable machine that's a workhorse & cleans clothes properly. I mostly use Lidl Formil washing liquid - cheap & effective! I only use Aerial powder for extremely dirty whites.

I hear that Miele are very cloak & dagger when it comes to repairs..... I understand that they can be very costly to repair cos no-one can touch them apart from a Miele engineer.

My machine is on at least 5-6 times a week, so will be interesting to see if it lasts the 20 years that Miele claim their machines are designed to run for.

Comment

Another interesting thing......
          The 7kg & 8kg models..... The drums are identical - same size..... I measured them in the showroom. So whats the difference?? But you pay more for a 8kg model...... A marketing ploy if you ask me.....

Comment

I would personally go for the 579 one (cheapest model on John Lewis website) that comes with Miele 2 year standard warranty, versus 1,000+ for their models that come with a 10 year warranty.
            Its the chance that one takes....... Depends what you are looking for regarding features & extra guarantees.

As I said previously, I don't need added features. I just wanted a reliable machine that's a workhorse & cleans clothes properly. I mostly use Lidl Formil washing liquid - cheap & effective! I only use Aerial powder for extremely dirty whites.

I hear that Miele are very cloak & dagger when it comes to repairs..... I understand that they can be very costly to repair cos no-one can touch them apart from a Miele engineer.

My machine is on at least 5-6 times a week, so will be interesting to see if it lasts the 20 years that Miele claim their machines are designed to run for.

Thanks. I read about duty cycles https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...g-machine-last
            and I reckon I'd be good for 15 years as my hotpoint Aquarius has lasted 10 and is still going though theres some water leaking now. I wash once a week at the moment being a typical male I only bought dark clothes so I could chuck them all in at the same time haha
            After reading the articles on this site I have learnt I could and will do better but I still think im not a heavy user. If a Miele lasted me 20 years it'd be great.

The 579 one looks interesting. If the drum sizes are the same then that could point to the 7kg load would be relating to the support structures and how much vibration and force they can take. So an 8kg would be better built or it could just be hogwash and simply a bigger door to fudge the figures https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...ine-load-sizes

An extended warranty (2yr+8yr =10yr) for that machine at 279 would take the total to 858 cause like you say its not easy to get someone to work on them.
            Last edited by 1u2s3e4r5n6a7m8e; 21-03-19, 01:22 PM.

Comment

An entry level Miele will fit your needs perfectly! Its more than adequate for my family & as previously said, my kids trash their clothes..... Clothes come out spotless.

A relative (family of 5) swears by Miele, for reliability & performance. Said they are workhorses..... A friend owns a care home & they have Miele washing machines.

You will notice a huge difference, from a Hotpoint to a Miele.

The Miele's must be the same inside (same drums for starters), but the higher spec models have more bells & whistles, auto-dosing, interior light, powerwash & all that.

I'm so impressed with Miele that when my current tumble dryer packs up, it will be replaced with a Miele.

Miele all the way......

Comment

Sounds like you definitely want a 10 year guarantee so I've done a quick comparison on the 2 models you listed (with the free 10 yr guarantee promotion).

WCH360 is 16000rpm & has extra programmes for duvets, pillows & curtains + wi-fi connect.

WCE320 is 1400rpm & doesn't have duvets, pillows, curtains or wi-fi connect.

So it depends whether or not you want the extra programmes (duvet, pillows etc) & wi-connect?

Lets us know what you decide on!

Comment

Sounds like you definitely want a 10 year guarantee so I've done a quick comparison on the 2 models you listed (with the free 10 yr guarantee promotion).

WCH360 is 16000rpm & has extra programmes for duvets, pillows & curtains + wi-fi connect.

WCE320 is 1400rpm & doesn't have duvets, pillows, curtains or wi-fi connect.

So it depends whether or not you want the extra programmes (duvet, pillows etc) & wi-connect?

Thanks again

The ten year warranty is something for peace of mind as like you pointed out before only Miele engineers will work on these machines and parts are expensive. So if I like bought the cheapest and added the warranty it pushed it up to the next model that comes with a 5year warranty, not as good as ten but still better than two haha but then it starts to not be far off the 1000 machines with free ten year warranty and also I originally didn't look at cheaper than 1000 machines due to this article https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...g-machine-cost

Im sure I can wash pillows without a special program. Its not like people haven't been doing it for years without.

Wifi meh I don't give two hoots about being connected and to be honest not sure I like the idea of my washing machine phoning back to Miele mother base all the time.
                  Thanks again for all your help. I do appreciate it

Comment

An entry level Miele will fit your needs perfectly! Its more than adequate for my family & as previously said, my kids trash their clothes..... Clothes come out spotless.
                    I agree im sure an entry level would fit my needs perfectly

I hadn't originally looked at lower than a 1000 machines due to this article https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/...g-machine-cost

A relative (family of 5) swears by Miele, for reliability & performance. Said they are workhorses..... A friend owns a care home & they have Miele washing machines.

You will notice a huge difference, from a Hotpoint to a Miele.

The Miele's must be the same inside (same drums for starters), but the higher spec models have more bells & whistles, auto-dosing, interior light, powerwash & all that.

I'm so impressed with Miele that when my current tumble dryer packs up, it will be replaced with a Miele.

Miele all the way......
                    Thanks. Im also convinced Miele is the best way to go

Comment

I decided in the end. I phoned John Lewis. They wouldn't price match Miele website who give free delivery, free installation and free recycling of old product and the woman was not English speaking so I struggled to understand her. I phoned Miele and spoke for 28 minutes with a woman who speaks perfect English and told her the models I was interested in, she suggested its not always best to base my purchase on the free 10 year warranty as the products are tested to be that long lasting, she listened to my needs and said like you that a basic machine would probably do me, and so I ended up with this at 699 after 50 off offer, also free installation, recycling of old machine and connecting of new machine. Also has 5 year warranty. It was a pleasure to talk with her, I mean a REAL pleasure.
                      Thanks also for all your help, much appreciated

https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/was...ame=WDB030_Eco

Comment

Let me know how you get on when it arrives!

At first you will wonder if you've actually switched it on cos you can't hear it running, the motor is silent. The only time you can hear it running is when it's in spin mode.

It's identical to my model (WDD030). The facia is exactly the same!
                        it will be more than adequate for your needs! As I said before, it serves us perfectly (family of 4) + I do my elderly mother's washing too. So its on a good 6 times per week.

Its advisable to remove the detergent drawer each time, to dry it out & leave the port hole door open too.
                        I didn't do this with my previous machine & noticed smells built up, especially after a 2 week holiday. It stank when we got home & despite running it empty on 90 degree washes/special cleaners etc, it was never the same. Had a faint damp pong.

You will notice how much fresher your laundry smells. I never use fabric conditioner, no need....

I mostly use the 'short' wash too. I only use the full cycle (cottons, 3 hours) for my kids whites & dirty teacloths etc. - ie. grass/mud stains, curry/tomato sauce based stains etc. I never used Vanish either. No need..... Traditional Aerial/Persil washing powder does the job perfectly.

My son's white school shirts (cotton/polyster mix) are always filthy, grubby collars too . He larks about at the park after school & comes home filthy..... I shove them on minimum iron, short wash with Lidl formil liquid & they come out spotless.... Whites stay white too. I've never used the shirts cycle - I ought to check it out!

Lidl Formil is perfect for synthetics/blended fabrics but for for heavily stained cottons, then its the branded traditional washing powders.

As I said before, my husband's relative swears by Miele, she's had them since the 1960s (when her kids were small) - family of 5 & said they are workhorses. Although she's now in her 70s & its just the 2 of them, she will not deviate from a Miele!

Comment

Forgot to add..... I never pre-treat stains either. Let the Miele do its job! I very occasionally use the 'soak' function, but thats it.

Comment

Let me know how you get on when it arrives!

At first you will wonder if you've actually switched it on cos you can't hear it running, the motor is silent. The only time you can hear it running is when it's in spin mode.

It's identical to my model (WDD030). The facia is exactly the same!
                            it will be more than adequate for your needs! As I said before, it serves us perfectly (family of 4) + I do my elderly mother's washing too. So its on a good 6 times per week.

Its advisable to remove the detergent drawer each time, to dry it out & leave the port hole door open too.
                            I didn't do this with my previous machine & noticed smells built up, especially after a 2 week holiday. It stank when we got home & despite running it empty on 90 degree washes/special cleaners etc, it was never the same. Had a faint damp pong.

You will notice how much fresher your laundry smells. I never use fabric conditioner, no need....

I mostly use the 'short' wash too. I only use the full cycle (cottons, 3 hours) for my kids whites & dirty teacloths etc. - ie. grass/mud stains, curry/tomato sauce based stains etc. I never used Vanish either. No need..... Traditional Aerial/Persil washing powder does the job perfectly.

My son's white school shirts (cotton/polyster mix) are always filthy, grubby collars too . He larks about at the park after school & comes home filthy..... I shove them on minimum iron, short wash with Lidl formil liquid & they come out spotless.... Whites stay white too. I've never used the shirts cycle - I ought to check it out!

Lidl Formil is perfect for synthetics/blended fabrics but for for heavily stained cottons, then its the branded traditional washing powders.

As I said before, my husband's relative swears by Miele, she's had them since the 1960s (when her kids were small) - family of 5 & said they are workhorses. Although she's now in her 70s & its just the 2 of them, she will not deviate from a Miele!
                            Thanks for the additional great advice, much appreciated

It arrives Thursday. I'll report back after I've spent some time with it.

Comment

Hello 1u2s3e4r5n6a7m8e

How are you getting on with your new Miele?

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X