Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher buying advice

Unfortunately our dishwasher has started to leak from the back. From reading whitegoods forums this seems unfixable as sealing the leak with silicon will only give a few months relief before it starts again.
    We were sucked in by the Neff brand name and had an SE51 model which seemed good value at the time but after reading about the plastic base warping realise that it was a false economy!
    So now I need to buy a new one and am looking for recommendations! My first thought was to look for a stainless steel drum but as I read further I saw that this is not the silver bullet if you live in a hard water area. I live in London so I do and now I'm left wondering what to get.
    I am replacing an integrated appliance and keen to hear all recommendations, the more specific the better! :conf:

Re: Dishwasher buying advice

Hi

It is now widely known that the Bosch and Neff machines with the plastic bases have been troublesome over the last few years. There have been a few mods most of which have been unsuccessful. The modification kit which is now available to fit is an unknown quantity when it comes to longevity of repair.

The good news is all the other machines with the stainless steel tanks have not had any issues at all.

In a nutshell Bosch series 2 have the plastic bases while series 4 and up are full stainless steel tanks. I would have to check Neff in the morning when I'm back at my desk.

All other brands have the full stainless steel tanks so don't be put off by the issues you have had.

Don
    Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Thanks Don. I saw in which a Whirlpool Best Buy, does this have a stainless steel tank?

Comment

What is the model number ?

Don
        Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

My mistake it was a Beko DIN29X20 - Which Best Buy

Comment

and Beko integrated carry 2 years guarantee if you register the appliance

as a cheap end dishwasher Beko are ok and being a popular brand if you do need part they should be available

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Do they have a plastic or stainless steel tank?

Comment

stainless

just swopped a 4 year old bosch unit that leaks for a Beko

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Think that sells it. Not buying German unless top end next time.

Comment

Hi, do Bosch dishwashers series 4 have all stainless tubs. Have series 2 composite tubs been improved? Thanks.

Comment

All Bosch Series 2 have the Polyinox (plastic) base) which over the last few years have had problems of leaking when the base distorts after too many hot washes. Bosch have modified the joint seals a couple of times in the past. Are the latest versions any better? Only time will tell. Series 4 and up all have the full stainless steel tank. All other brands have full stainless steel tanks.

Comment

Picked up this thread as current Bosch may be dead.Wife wants another Bosch I want to avoid Plastic /steel tanks that can leak. Can I assume that models with 24 & 25 series number have composite tanks. Model I like is SMS46 iwo4g. So assume this will be all stainless? And less chance of a leakl?

What makes me question this is that my old hero is an SGS43A52GB. I note that the bottom of the steel tub sits in a white plastic moulding with the motor attached, so is this the dreaded composite tank? Thanks.

which the

Comment

the whole of the bottom, of the tub is a grey plastic. that means it has to joint to the stainless upper and that's the problem they leak

you can easily check it

go here
                          https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/custome...ts/spare-parts

put in the model you are interested in I chose SMV40C30GB

look down the list to the highest end number I got /49

now look at part available and in this case look at page 3 and part 0306 on diagram is a plastic base the one you want is a one piece tub ie 0306 + 0301 as one unit

Dave

Comment

Hi, thanks for the advice Bosch came up with this list so ,25 & 24 are ones to avoid. I also noticed that Curry exclusive mode (299)l has a '40' designation but by comparison seems a clone of a '25' model so also one to avoid.
                            Stainless steel:

SMS67MW00G

SMS88TW06G

SMS67MW01G

SMS46IW09G

SMS46MW00G

SMS46IW04G

Polinox:

SMS25EW00G

SMS25AW00G

Your help and quivk response is appreciated.

Comment

Don mentioned "The modification kit which is now available to fit" reference the Bosch polinox dishwasher tank problem. Wondering if anyone knows the part number for the kit. Also any has used it & how well it works. Any replies appreciated.
                              Best regards, Tom

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X