Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Integrated fridge/freezer a 70/30 or 60/40 split?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Integrated fridge/freezer a 70/30 or 60/40 split?

Hi,

I am keen to replace a 10+year old integrated fridge freezer that was already in my house before moving in. I'm struggling to determine what kind of fridge/freezer split it is.

The model is a Siemens k130m440gb/01

From the photograph I swear it looks like a 70/30? The Fridge compartment measures 107, the freezer 54.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by suffolk_punch; 08-01-19, 05:19 PM.

Now from a little research I have done I believe your model number is a KI30..... and not a K130... as mentioned. That being the case I am not sure from your sizes what you have this one looks like it's the same split.

Easiest way I have found of determining the split is to measure the freezer appliance door and divide by the overall height of 177cm. To confirm your findings a call to Siemens may be the answer.
    Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, Don. From that calculation of the freezer door I get 0.30 which seems to confirm a 70/30!

Comment

Siemens also confirmed that it is a 70/30. They also said that it is a 2002 model, a lot older than I thought! Definitely time to be changing.

Comment

Good news then.

The only other thing you need to be aware of is which type of hinge system you currently have? There are two types one is the sliding system which is where plastic runners are used between the timber and the appliance door while the other is fixed hinge where the timber door fixes directly onto the appliance door. One system is not compatible with the other!!

Don
          Please keep your questions to the forums, emails and private messages will not be answered.

Comment

Thanks, Don. It is definitely a fixed hinge system. I have found the fridge I want, but of course nothing is ever simple. Most integrated fridge freezers on ao.com can be installed by them, but for the Samsung I am after they don't offer it. Asking them on the phone, they simply say that it 'is not on the list'. I could organise for it to be fitted privately, but I'm a bit baffled why they wouldn't offer the service in the first place? This is it:

https://ao.com/product/brb260134ww-s...-46314-28.aspx

To add to the confusion, John Lewis have a Samsung listed on their website as a 60/40, despite the very same model number being listed as a 70/30 on another website. A listing error by John Lewis perhaps?

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-br...gloss/p3236216

Comment

looking at the specs on Samsung website, although these 2 are slightly different model numbers, the door sizes are the same, so one of these websites is wrong and it does seem like its john lewis

Dave

Comment

That's interesting, thanks Dave. After speaking to John Lewis on the phone they did say that it was a 60/40, but I think it's worth digging into a bit. I'll follow up.

Comment

I had a little web chat with Samsung and they confirmed the John Lewis model is a 60/40 (although only after they said it was a 70/30) !

Comment

well now I am confused

I typed each model into google. then found link to Samsung site which gave door dimensions and both seemed the same

https://www.samsung.com/uk/refrigera...r-brb260134ww/

https://www.samsung.com/uk/refrigera...r-brb260130ww/

Dave

Comment

This really is a very confusing market. Sorry for the follow-up question aside from the topic of the thread, but is there any difference between Miele and Liebherr fridge/freezers? I am looking at 2 different models, 400/500 and they look exactly the same on the picture. I know they are made in the same factory, but do Miele use better parts?

Comment

Miele refrigeration is produced by Liebherr. There may be some slight cosmetic interior differences but that's about it.

Comment

Thanks for that, Don. A salesman was trying his hardest to convince me that Miele was the far superior product.

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X