Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top oven compartment not working

Hi all, typically just before xmas! Our top oven compartment has stopped working. The grill works but the oven doesn’t, light turns on when you turn the dial so switch must be ok. Any idea what this could be?

hotpoint UY46X/2

you cant assume the switch is ok based on a light. the switch contains multiple contacts and if only one fails it might well give you these symptoms

you need to look at it to check is ok

Dave

Comment

Thanks dave. Is there a way to test it. I thought there may be a common fault on these but guess not!

Comment

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/oven...elector-switch

this looks like it may be the correct switch ( but needs checking before purchase if faulty)

the switch has 4 contact you can normally tell by visual inspection if any of the contact are not making. look for signs of burning or melting

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave

Do you know how to access this switch? I am technically minded so fine repairing things from Washing machines to cars! Just wondered if theres an easy way to remove the front panel where dials sit

Comment

from what I can see this is just an integrated oven unit so pull the unit out and take the lid off

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
            Working...
            X