Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotpoint Oven overheats - element won't switch off/maintain the preset temperature

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint Oven overheats - element won't switch off/maintain the preset temperature

I've a Hotpoint SE100PX - the oven will continue to heat an not stop and maintain the set temperature. I've replaced the temperature probe and both thermostats but the problem persists. Could it be a relay or something else?

I

if a relay had gone I would expect the element to glow all the time unless the unit is turned off but can be certain

if you leave the unit will it ever stop heating ?

don't know the unit but normally there is an indication on the display that it has either got to temp of it is getting hot. have you got any indications of this type ?

bear in mind this unit is over 10 years old and if the board is faulty its likely it come un-programmed making it a manufacturer only repair

dave
    Last edited by electrofix; 05-03-19, 08:42 AM.

Comment

The display shows the oven reaching temperature, but it just continues to heat (the door even locks as it hits the self clean temp range). I can see the element at the rear continue to glow

Comment

you could trace the element wires back to the board, find the relay and see3 if its stuck by measuring with a multimeter. if yes happy days if you can source and solder a new relay in

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X