Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smeg SUK61MFX

Hello,

Problem with main oven element. I've tested it and it appears to be ok, but no heat.

Fan is working
    Bottom element is working
    Grill is working
    Gas hob is all working

This is quite an old cooker - we got it secondhand over 10 years ago.

We would prefer to fix it, as it's been good so far. I've replaced several fan elements, that's all that has gone wrong....except - the whole cooker was cutting out at one stage, and the LED screen was blank even when the power was turned back on. After several minutes the screen would come back to life and the element would heat up again..Maybe this is relevant.

Any ideas....???

Thx.

is the led screen lit now ?

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave - yes, the screen is lit...

Comment

then I would look at the switches behind the control knob

I would also check to see if the cooling fan is operating correctly as if it is not the safety stat clicks in and turns off the power which is why your clock goes off

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave,

How do I access the switches behind the control knob? What do I look for...?

I've pulled the cooker out from the wall. It must have got hot at some point...as a few of the covers over the connectors were burnt, so the cooling fan may well be a problem.

Thanks for you response.

Rgds,

Iain

Comment

switch look like

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/8117...control-switch

you need to remove the top to access the switch. All the burners have small screws round them so the lid can come off and leave them in place. So you wont need to disconnect gas pipes which is a no no

you are looking for burnt out contact on the switch. in this case it will be the one feeding the fan element

Dave

Comment

Thanks...

Before I do that, can I check the switch/element by plugging the grill terminals into the fan element...? I want to double check the element is indeed gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Laguerre View Post
                Thanks...

Before I do that, can I check the switch/element by plugging the grill terminals into the fan element...? I want to double check the element is indeed gone...
                with care yes but if you do do that don't leave it powered too long as the fan will not be running and don't forget to make sure the wires you remove are suitably insulated
                or you could find a multimeter and use the resistance scale to see if its ok. a lot safer

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X