Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a new oven installed, seems to be a gap exhausting air!

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a new oven installed, seems to be a gap exhausting air!

Hey guys
    Happy to provide pictures when I get home, but we had a new oven installed yesterday, it seems like it might have been a bit shorter than the previous and there's an inch gap between the top of the oven and the worktop counter.

When the oven is heating up, you can feel a real push of air that moves your tshirt! My partner says it's potentially fine as "The air needs to go somewhere" which makes sense, but something definitely doesn't seem right!

Any ideas?

Comment

It will be the control panel cooling fan, perfectly normal.
      Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Originally posted by iadom View Post
        It will be the control panel cooling fan, perfectly normal.
        Ok thanks, it just seems like a lot of air gets pushed out!

Comment

Our Neff oven does exactly the same, quite nice at this time of year but a bit warm in summer.

Didnít happen with ovens years ago but modern ovens have a lot of sensitive electronics at the front which need to be kept safe from overheating.
          Last edited by iadom; 11-03-19, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Our Neff oven does exactly the same, quite nice at this time of year but a bit warm in summer.

Didnít happen with ovens years ago but modern ovens have a lot of sensitive electronics at the front which need to be kept safe from overheating.
            Ah, ok, makes sense. it doesn't seem to be warm air, it's fairly cool...As long as it's normal, i'm happy with it!

Comment

On some makes of oven this fan can run on for a while even after the oven is switched off, fairly cool is good.

Comment

On some makes of oven this fan can run on for a while even after the oven is switched off, fairly cool is good.
                Ok great! Thanks, you've set my mind at ease

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X