Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smeg Oven Cooling Fan Continuously On

Smeg SE 335SS-5 oven cooling fan runs continuously. I assumed there would be Fan Control(Initiation)Thermostat needing replacing. Bought one from parts list but I can only locate one small button type stat which is the Thermal Protection one as everything goes off when it is disconected. Any idea where the cooling fan stat is hiding or is the problem something else.
    Last edited by kwatt; 16-06-19, 01:59 PM.

don't know exactly where it is but its showing as a thermostat on a metal bracket item 54100

also looking at the diagram the fan is linked to the oven switch so if this fails you will get the same symptoms

if you find the stat and disconnect one wire then the fan should stop but will restart if you turn the oven on

Dave

smeg oven stat.jpg

Comment

Thanks Dave,
      Going from memory (the oven is in my son's flat)there was something which could have been a stat on a metal bracket, not the button type as 54100 but small box shaped with two wire connections. It had a short projection into the oven near the sensor/probe location.
      I was able to find this metal bracket in smeg parts but not the box type 'stat ' its self. Could this be a modification or is this something else ?
      Rob F

Comment

well the short answer to this is disconnect one wire, make sure it cant touch anything, and turn on an see if the fan has stopped

Dave

Comment

Thanks again Dave, hopefully that will progress the matter.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X