Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creda C366EW cooling fan and main oven light stuck on

We have a C366EW which keeps on going. Itís great! But sadly the light fitting needed replacing. Since that the cooling fan is on permanently and the light is too. The fan stops when we open the door. The only way to switch the light off, is to turn the cooker off at the isolator. The oven still heats up but struggles to maintain temperature. Please help! Is it a part I need to change? Many thanks in advance

I would check the switches first

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Pardon my ignorance, when you say switches? Is that the isolator or something else?

Comment

Behind the knob you rotate to operate the oven is a switch which has 2 jobs

job one turn on the fan and lamp
        job 2 turn on the element

it is possible that one contact has stuck meaning the fan stays on

when you say the light fitting need replacing why ? and could this have gone bang and welded the contacts

also you say the oven struggles to maintain temp which is strange as the other fault should not affect it

Dave

Comment

Yes it did go bang. So thatís a lead. I think I overstated the losing temp. I just thought to mention it, but with more thought the cooling fan probably just blew the hot air out when I open the door. So need to get in behind the panel behind the knobs then. Thank you.

Comment

well now I know what and why

I assume the lamp went bang and when it did it has welded the switch contact together

replace both and all will be well

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
            Working...
            X