Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prima LPR9022 Randomly Shuts Off and Starts Up Again

Hello

I have a Prima LPR 9022 Integrated Oven - I believe this comes under the Indesit/Hotpoint/Whirlpool group.

Recently, it has started behaving oddly. There are three control knobs on the front: function (LHS), timer (centre), temperature (RHS).

The function knob offers 4 functions which are (clockwise):
    1) light
    2) defrost (just the fans turn on)
    3) fan oven
    4) grill

When function 3 is selected, the central fan comes on, the element heats up, the oven light comes on and the thermostat light comes on. However, every now and then the entire oven shuts down - no fan, heat, no lights. This appears to happen randomly. After a period of time, the oven starts up again.

I have exposed the wiring and nothing looks untoward. I have tugged at the various spade connections but they don't trigger the shutdown. When it has shut down, I've attempted to work out where the power break is (using a multimeter), but just as I get round to checking, the damn thing starts again. It does not shutdown long enough for me to make any meaningful diagnosis - and as it appears to happen randomly, I don't know when I can check.

I had a look at the control knob and I thought some of the copper prongs weren't making contact as well as they should be so just bent them a little more to ensure contact when the knob rotates. That has not made much difference. Tugging at the wires seems to rule out loose connections.

I have got a copy of the wiring diagram (page 6 in http://www.prima-appliances.uk/pdf/m...lt-in-oven.pdf) and can see it uses
    1) a thermolimiter for the cooling fan
    2) an A class thermolimiter
    3) a thermofuse

The only thing I can see which might control all of the impacted components is item #3 i.e. the thermofuse however I didn't think that was an automatic resetable switch? And if that was tripping presumably that would indicate a failure elsewhere? Tthe thermolimiters seem to only control the cooling fan.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by electrofix; 24-06-19, 05:04 PM.

sounds like the cooling fan (not the one inside the oven) is not working and the overheat thermostat is doing its job

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
    Working...
    X