Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creda Europa Solarplus 48163 - grill either fully on or off

I have a Creda Europa Solarplus oven (upper combination oven & grill, and lower fan oven), model number 48163.

Recently, when using the grill, it seems to be stuck fully on, so regardless of what setting the control knob is on, it's as if the control is set to maximum. At lower settings, it used to switch on and off to provide a lower temperature. The control makes a clicking sound (in the control itself, so I don't think there is an external thermostat for the grill), but even when the grill has been on a while and is very hot, the clicking happens somewhere below the lowest (1) setting, and if I set it fractionally either side of the clicking point, the element stays on or off, however long I wait.

Can anyone confirm that it's the control unit that needs replacing? If so, the most likely sounding part listed on this website for my model number is the 'Cooker Energy Regulator' (SKU: C00240957), and its non-genuine alternative, although another item also sounded similar: 'Cooker Single Regulator Switch' (SKU: C00199654). Both are found when I search for my model number, and both are listed as genuine parts, so I'm not sure which is right. Interestingly both parts' photos show an identical part number (40ER101C1P), even though there's a price difference of 9 or so.

I haven't opened the unit to confirm which, if either, of these are present, but could do that if necessary.

Thanks!

Alan

are you able to turn on half of the grill at a time ie half and full grill

if yes you need a double regulator not a single one

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, thanks for replying. Yes, it is possible to select either the left-half only or the full grill, using the top oven / grill selector control, which is separate to the grill level control.

I see now that the second part I mentioned says it's a single regulator, but the other one doesn't say. Is it safe to assume that that one is for dual-grills?

Is there a way to check exactly what part # is needed without me having to open the oven to check the existing part - perhaps in a service manual?

Thanks,
      Alan

Comment

ah not got a lot of info at home here but tell me if I am right

to select the grill you turn the top oven switch to the grill position, this same switch allows you to select half or full grill

if that is a case then they have used a single circuit regulator to control the grill

if yes the part number listed for the part is C00240957

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/c002...ergy-regulator
        but since the non gen parts are identical you can use

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/ele4...ergy-regulator

Dave

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly how mine works: the top oven / grill control lets you set the top oven's temperature or choose either half- or full-grill, then if using either grill setting, the separate grill control lets you select the level between 1 and 6.

Now I think about it, I do remember seeing an alternative type of grill, where the top oven control only selects the oven temperature, and the separate grill control can turn in both directions; one side does the full grill and the other just half the grill. Both sides have independent 1-6 levels, so I guess in that case, it would be a double regulator.

Great, I'll go ahead and order one of those. Hopefully it'll give the oven another few years of life - it's done us so well over the 20+ years we've had it!

Thanks for all your help Dave .

Alan

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X