Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oven was tripping the breakers, but now is working fine?

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven was tripping the breakers, but now is working fine?

Hello,

My partner was using the oven and she reported than when it was at temperature for a while, the electricity tripped. It then tripped every time she turned it on. I found this to be the case on my return home. I thought I'd try and test each element in order to see if it was just one element causing the fault. I tried the grill, electricity tripped.
    I turned it onto oven elements (no fan) and nothing happened. I let it get up to temperature a bit, all fine. Max temperature, still fine. Switched it to fan, fine. I then tried every mode and it is still fine! Has the fault fixed itself? Is it likely to reoccur? Should I get an expert to diagnose it?

Thanks,

depends on the cooker but if one of the elements is not used very often it can get damp and trip until it dries out

could also be a bad connection in the connection to the cooker, faulty switch, loose connection etc

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

I used the oven for about an hour before it tripped the breaker again. Even when turned off (still hot) it kept tripping. Would this suggest itís the element?

Thanks

Comment

most likely the element

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
        Working...
        X