Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch dishwasher flowmeter

Hello,
    I have a Bosch dishwasher of type SMS50E06UK. At the start of the cycle, it does not seem to fill if it cannot drain any remaining water. This is fixed by manually adding some water, after which the gurgling drain sound is heard for a couple of seconds and the machine then works ok.

But how does it know it cannot drain?

Looking at the exploded technical diagram on:
    http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/sp.../SMS50E06UK/01

The only sensor I can see that could measure any relavant water parameters is the reed activated flowmeter positioned in the heat exchanger:
    http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/pr...ntact/00611317

But it is hard to see how this knows that draining is not taking place. And also how to replace the flowmeter - does it just 'pop' out of the heat exchanger?

Thanks for any info on this.

Re: Bosch dishwasher flowmeter

Hi. Check that the little trap is in place inside the machine near the drain pump.if its the new type of drain pump it will try 3 times to drain before movine on. Take out the filter and have a look arou d and you should see it.

The flow meter is normally located on the pressure chamber behind the left hand panel.
    Just a few screws and the panel pops off.
    Help Wanted building a massive database of diagrams / manuals
    Already have over 50GB of info. Need help just send me a PM

Comment

Hi. Check that the little trap is in place inside the machine near the drain pump.if its the new type of drain pump it will try 3 times to drain before movine on. Take out the filter and have a look arou d and you should see it.
      Ok, thanks - If you mean the white plastic piece, then it is ok now. In fact this was loose quite a while, and the problems possibly started then. Replaced properly and the machine ran better - but intermittenly the error recurred. Will maybe order a new trap, as there seems to be very slight damage on the old. Still don't see how the DW knows that the trap is displaced - there are no sensors there.
      The flow meter is normally located on the pressure chamber behind the left hand panel.
      Just a few screws and the panel pops off.
      Sorry, got a bit confused. I've taken off the metal panel, and the flowmeter is behind a little plastic flap in the heat exchanger. Wondered if the whole exchanger needs to come off (which is doubtful), or the flowmeter can be just 'pulled out'.

Comment

Reed switch just unclips. And as for the pump knowing the trap being displaced, well it's not done by mirrors but more regarding the current drain on the motor and the electronics that control it. All clever stuff indeed, but in my opinion, over engineered and a grossly unreliable machine as a result.

Comment

Ah, thanks Martin.

Too much current and it knows something is obstructing the pump - zero current and it knows the pump is not working at all. Clever indeed.

Thanks again.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X