Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint FLD570 detergent dispenser solenoid constantly active

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice from the collective.

I have just replaced the detergent dispenser on my FDL570 as the solenoid was faulty (when I tested it it had a infinite resistance/broken circuit).

When I connected the replacement part and tested it, the dispenser solenoid is constantly active (like a jack hammer) when the dishwasher operates. When this happens the cable to the solenoid is at 70V.

Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions where to look next? Searching the forum there was a post in 2013 with the same problem but no solution.

Kind regards,
    Duck

sounds like the triac that controls the solenoid has gone faulty. if you can solder electronic components then its possible to change it

there are repairers out there that may be able to do this for you look up QER

if not its a hotpoint only job to change and re-programme the board

Dave

Comment

Dave,
      ​​​Thank you for the info. It sounds like the answer is brain surgery. I guess the triac failed first and took the dispenser solenoid out.

I am not adverse to soldering so will give it a go. I take it the controller board is in the bowels of the machine underneath.

regards,
      D

Comment

Affresh

Collapse
      Working...
      X