X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neff s5444x1gb/23 Leak

Hi,

New here, looking for some help.

Recently bought a new property which has a neff s5444x1gb/23 dishwasher.

According to the previous owner it hasn't worked in years, the unit itself is dated 2007.

When testing it, it would complete a rinse cycle however when opened it would have water pooled in it, the drain pump wasn't working. I removed the unit (built in unit) and the pump and discovered glass jammed in the blades. Reinstalled it, tried a rinse cycle and it successfully drained

I then tried a 65 degree wash with a clean agent which also worked however at the end of the cycle (4 hours) it wasn't beeping to signify it was finished. The pump kept cutting in so i opened it, it had drained but the float/anti flood had stuck and was causing it to keep pumping. I nudged the float and it stopped.

After checking i couldn't see anything wrong so thought it might just be sticky so tried a 50 degree wash with a load. It started the programme but then the pump cut in after about 5 minutes and kept running. Again the antiflood had tripped. After taking the access panel off i can see a small amount of water in the base of the unit.

Any common area's for these units to leak ? Or how i can test and find the leak ?

Thanks

Last edited by electrofix; 02-04-19, 11:30 PM.

if the unit is overfilling I would change the impellor jug although I would check the wires to it first ( had a similar machine last week and mice had eaten cable)

this device counts the water in. if it fails unit overfills

go here

https://www.neff-home.com/uk/service...ts/spare-parts

put in your Enr , go to page 5 item 515

cant promise it will cure it but its likely and not too dear

Dave
    Last edited by electrofix; 03-04-19, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Good grief Dave, you must have some HUGE lice in your area.
      Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

nice typo wasn't it lol

corrected now

Dave

Comment

Hi,

I dont think the unit is overfilling as water is leaking somewhere and pooling in the base which in turn trips the antiflood.

Comment

in that case take off the front cover plate and lie on the floor with a torch as it fills and look for a leak

Dave

Comment

Hi,

I have stripped the unit down and found the leak.

left hand side of machine is a water inlet system, clear plastic that runs the height of the machine. It has 5 ports at the bottom. The seal in one of them isn't seated correctly and is leaking.

Is this fixable as i can see no way of removing it ?

Comment

can be replaced
                go to https://www.neff-home.com/uk/service...ts/spare-parts

put in Enr number and go to page 4 of diagrams. assume you mean item 411 on diagram part number 166878

to remove the side the cover inside (see page 3 item 0307 ) unscrews anti clockwise

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                Working...
                X