X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steverob1066
    started a topic Indesit DIF 04 not circulating water

Indesit DIF 04 not circulating water

Hi - I've had this machine for well over six years, and the only issues have been heater replacements, which I've found relatively easy to fix myself. (I know - maybe I've been exceptionally lucky.)

Now, however, there's no water circulating. On start, I can hear the water entering the machine, and then a pause and then... nothing, except a quiet click - perhaps the thermostat relay clicking on? and a slow periodic hissing sound like a kettle warming up, which I am thinking is the sound of water heating up as the heater switches on and then off again. The machine gets warm but otherwise nothing else. The machine drains OK. In fact the machine seems to run its cycle but with no water. Not especially what you want in a dishwasher.

I am assuming the main circulating pump motor is shot - it had been getting noisier over the past weeks, but there are no rapid flashing lights, so I'm wondering if it's something else. Thoughts?

A replacement pump is over 100 so I think that if that's the issue, this machine is going to be replaced. Any recommendations for a budget built-in machine?

Last edited by electrofix; 12-04-19, 02:20 PM.

• steverob1066
    replied
    Thanks - I am thinking about starting again...

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    looked up 2 of the models one had motor price 110 the other was 86 so to find out which one your is for definite we need all the numbers and any letters etc after the DIF04

Dave

Leave a comment:

• steverob1066
    replied
    OK- thanks- have had a look, and it's definitely the pump. The impeller is stiff and graunchy so the bearings have disintegrated. The annoying things is the impeller is a sealed plastic unit which easily separates from the coil windings and electrics - but as far as I can see you have to buy the whole thing. If only someone would sell just the impeller...

Leave a comment:

• electrofix
    replied
    you could strip it an see if anything has got caught in there jamming the motor

also there are 6 models with DIF04 in the model number. you need to make sure which one yours is first in case you order the wrong motor

Dave

Leave a comment:

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
Working...
X