Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beko 2542 dishwasher- how the **** do I get into it??

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beko 2542 dishwasher- how the **** do I get into it??

Hi all, my Beko slimline has sprung a leak from somewhere on the LHS. I need to take the LH side panel off to access and hopefully fix the leak, but I can't get it off. I've removed every screw I can see, but the top edge is still held fast by something under the top cover. I can't find anything securing the top cover except two Torx screws at the rear, which I've removed, but it still won't shift. I'm just about to bend the panel up 'cos it's driving me mad, but I've taken ten minutes off to calm down...... Any suggestions?? Peter
    Last edited by electrofix; 29-04-19, 07:50 PM.

would need the correct model number of the rating label to look it up

Dave

Comment

Well that's v.helpful Dave, it's at my daughters's house so I'll get the exact details off the label tomorrow and post at teatime. Cheers!

Comment

Hi Dave, tried to post a couple of photos but file size too big- anyway info on stickers is as follows:Model DE 2542 FW, Serial No. 12-511732-10. Hope this helps! Cheers Peter

Comment

beko top.jpg

Comment

looks like there are screws under the lid so it has to come off

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, thanks a lot for the info, the top came off as described (with a bit of encouragement as the holes in the frame were distorted) and then the side panel. I can now see the problem.

When first switched on the, water is pumping up through a large translucent plastic vessel on the side of the machine (one inlet, one outlet and one regeneration(?) connections) and is then shooting out of a hole in the top RH corner at some speed. The only way to stop it is by switching off the power.

I've no idea what this vessel does, but I'm guessing that there must be a cut-off valve that cuts off the supply to it when the appropriate level has been reached, and that this has failed.

Am I on the right lines and have you any suggestion for what might be causing this?

Cheers Peter

Comment

sounds odd, would have thought it would have overfilled in the wash area first

have you tried slowing down the water flow from the tap a bit ?

Dave

Comment

Not tried anything yet, but it's been working well for some years so don't think it can be tap/pressure

related. Have looked on the spares list and there's a "water flow meter" just below the regeneration thingy, could it be that that has failed??

Peter

Comment

if water flow meter was faulty unit can overfill. if that was the case I would expect the lower wash bar to almost under water when it does this so check the levels

dave

Comment

Will do. Cheers!

Comment

Hi Dave, update on the problem, the regeneration vessel is filling too high and overflowing from the vent at the top. This appears to be because the primary outlet from the vessel is unable to take the flow.

If I take the cap off the salt container the vessel fills the cabinet via the regeneration outlet and salt container and all is well. No back-up, no problem, normal water level in the base of the cabinet. As it's probably unlikely that the pipe from the primary outlet to the cabinet is blocked, is the most likely explanation that the softener has become blocked? Is this possible?

She's never used salt in the washer as the water in Cheshire is quite soft and doesn't need additional treatment. Cheers!

Comment

well there seems to be a hose from the water softener unit to the sump

my guess is this is blocked

Dave

Comment

That's right Dave there is. If you think it's a possibility I'll take it off. Thanks! Peter

Comment

Well you were right Dave. It was the spigot on the sump that the hose connects to. About 20mm of white fat- couldn't be seen from inside the machine- couldn't be seen in the pipe!

All working and sorted. Many thanks for your help! Peter

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X