Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dishwasher cycle sequence intermittent fault.

Collapse

Qualtex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishwasher cycle sequence intermittent fault.

Smeg Dishwasher Type 12043 Model DW1612C
    This is stopping mid cycle and just hanging. (The exact point is not known, but could be about 10minutes into the cycle.) Only the selected programme led is lit, so it is not displaying any fault code.
    The programme can be cancelled and subsequent use may or may not produce a completed programme.
    Accessing its guts when it has hung does not reveal anything as a visible connection problem, but just "rebuilding" it makes it work next time.

I can only conclude that either a sensor is not working or some activator is not functioning or some component is not responding.

With it being frustratingly intermittent, how can I narrow down the possible culprit?

Help would be welcomed, please.

Sounds like a heating error of some sort so, could be the stats or heater if correct.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Would those have an intermittent or self correcting situation as I thought they would be go or no go only.

Comment

Ordinarily yes but, it's weird in any event with no error code so it's something odd.

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

this looks like an early Smeg board

These board have a habit of developing a fault as the board power supply degrades over time

the following is quite a normal run of events

start programme, machine pumps out, pump stops and starts to fill. when full main pump runs. After a while the timer tries to turn on the heater. Its at this point the power supply is unable to supply enough power and the board crashes. Some times if you listen carefully a few beeps can be heard from the timer but very quiet. On some machine it will wait a minute and restart programme when power recovers

Dave

Comment

Thanks.
            A new replacement board would not be worthwhile.Is it likely to be repairable?
            Any idea which board component is failing?

Comment

there is a large capacitor on the board either grey or blue. think its 1uF or 1.5uF 275v ac x2 type

type epcos x2 capacitor into google

Dave

Comment

Thanks for that "heads up."
                Next time the fault occurs I will have the pcb out and look into swapping the capacitors.
                In the meantime, (I am not into electronics) where did you source your supplies as google is not returning any (retail) small quantity suppliers.

Comment

not sure if I got them from Farnell ot rs components

https://cpc.farnell.com/epcos/b32924...vac/dp/CA07125

that is the 1uF but as I said cant remember if it 1.5uF so check before you order

Dave

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X