Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montpellier DW1064P Fault

Hi all,

I have a Montpellier DW1064P Dishwasher which has a inadequate water supply fault. It is approx 4 months old. I live in the Falkland Islands so getting a service engineer is not an option. I am an electrician so I can carry out the repairs myself however I would like some advice on which part may be causing the problem if possible please?

When I start a cycle the following happens:- 1. The discharge pump operates and pumps out any water left in the machine for approx 30 seconds.
    2. The water inlet valve operates, water flows into the machine and the spray arms rotate for approximately 2 minutes.
    3. The drain valve operates again pumping out water for approx 30 seconds then the machine locks out on fault.

I have checked the water supply hose, filters and screens. All ok. I have removed the water inlet valve and tested it by connecting it to a water supply and power supply on a bench and it works fine. The only float valve I could see appears to be for the overflow as it operates the discharge pump. Does this machine have a water level switch?

If it isnít a water level/float switch, maybe it could be a faulty PCB? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the machine thinks it's flooded so, start with the safety float switch in the base and make sure that's not jammed somehow.

K.
    "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I checked the float for obstructions and it seems ok, the float is nowhere near the switch, I also checked for continuity across the switch and it seems fine. If I press the micro switch at any time, (even with the program selector switch off) the discharge pump runs. I removed the hose from the top of the float and checked for obstructions and during a cycle there is no water in the hose at any time. As far as I can tell it seems to be working as it should?

Iím not sure what I should check next?

Comment

Pressure sensor, if one's fitted.

It sounds like the machine is going to an emergency drain down so, for some reason, it thinks it's flooded or overfilled.

K.
        "Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" Don Henley

Cheap appliance spare parts in our store ? Find an appliance repair company here

Comment

I couldnít find a pressure sensor. If I activate the safety float switch during a cycle it shows a water overflow fault code. If it was overfilling or flooding wouldnít it show this code rather than the inadequate water supply fault code?

For now Iíve ordered a new inlet valve as Iím not sure if the flow is good enough or not. Iíll let you know how that goes.

Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

I don't know this machine but a lot of dishwashers have a water counter. this counter consists of a small water wheel with a magnet attached which is sensed by a reed switch which converts the rotary motion into pulses. If this fails the machine thinks it is not getting enough water and goes into fault mode

maybe another member with monpellier info can confirm how this unit senses water

Dave

Comment

So itís not the inlet valve. Fitted the new one and itís still the same.

Thanks for the info Dave. I will see if I can find something like this or figure out how it senses water. If anyone has any experience with Montpellier dishwashers I would be grateful for any info.

Many Thanks

Comment

follow the pipe from the inlet valve into the machine. if it has got a water counter it will be in this pipe or in the unit it connects to inside the dishwasher

to give you an idea bosch use this one

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/4240...her-flow-meter

indesit use something like this v

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/c002...-break-turbine

Dave

Comment

Sorry for the late rely to your last post Dave, house renovations had to take priority over fixing the dishwasher so I have only had a chance to take another look at it today.

I have located the flow meter/water counter, is there any way I can test it? I looked for a replacement part but the only one I can find comes complete with the water tank which is too big to be posted to me apparently. However it does look like the small board with the electrical connections can be unclipped. I checked the plug was in correctly but apart from that I'm not sure what else I can do?

Many Thanks

Comment

a lot of these units use a simple reed switch. if you can get the small board out you can solder a new one it

but first check the wires from this switch back to the timer. had one last Christmas where mice had cut the cable

Dave

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X