Qualtex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF1620 No Power

My trusty Hotpoint BF1620 has served me well for 12 years. I have replaced the PCB twice, the door latch 3 times and the heater once (sometimes with the help of this great forum). I now have a new problem. There were no symptoms the dishwasher has just stopped working. I have no power and the led light doesn't come on. I have tried the fuses both in the spur and the plug no problem. I took off the top panel where the PCB is mounted and tested power to both spade connectors on the on/off switch and it is there. I bypassed the switch by connecting the spade connectors and still nothing no light no power. Before I start stripping things down am I missing anything obvious or is it time to invest in a new machine? Thanks

I assume you have both live and neutral at the switch ?

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave it is the main On/Off switch on the machine so brown wire in brown wire out. with a black wire attached to what I assume is the output side of the switch which is then attached to the indicator light. The wire colour and the fact there is voltage at either side would suggest that the switch is just acting as a circuit breaker. Thanks

Comment

does the indicator light come on ?

is the black wire live or neutral ? ie has it got voltage on it with respect to earth ?

Dave

Comment

‘Trusty’????
          2 pcb’s, 3 door latches and a heater, sounds about as reliable as the famous ‘Triggers Broom’ from Only Fools and Horses. A 100% Indesit machine, I can remember a time when a Hotpoint dishwasher would last 15 years without ever being touched.

If you send me a PM with your email address I will send you a wiring diagram, will need full serial number though, I think there are two different versions.

Broken wiring inside door panel a common aged related fault on lots of dishwashers.

NB. It’s a BFI620, the I stands for integrated.
          Last edited by iadom; 13-07-19, 10:01 AM.
          Nothing really matters much, and hardly anything really matters at all.

Comment

Cheap Spare Parts

Collapse

Affresh

Collapse
          Working...
          X